Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 9r and I have been trying to pick it up in second gear with no luck I get the rpm's up and everything but still nothing. I just think the 9r is just too heavy. Any opinions outh there?.....help!:confused:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Huh?

Mine lofts from hard acceleration alone, I can't understand why it won't pop up for you if your trying to get it off the ground. I am about 180 pounds....are you trying around 7-8000 RPM's?
By the way Guten tag! What city do u live in?

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
No way is that bike too heavy. It will bring the front end straight up and down in 2nd gear.

A couple of things...

1st you need to relax and sit far back on the seat. Your weight needs to be rearward. Then you need to hold the throttle about 1/2 open at the beginning of the meat of the torque. Probably around 5~6,000 rpms for that bike. Once you are there, drop the throttle for a fraction of a second and at the same time push down on the front forks. As soon as you feel the forks coming back up throw your weight back, go to full throttle and yank the bars toward your chest. It's all just timing but it takes sometime to get it down. It also helps greatly if you can find a small bump or rise in the road to help you along.

Most import thing is to relax when you do this, rome wasn't built in a day so it might take sometime to get used to it.

Good luck and be careful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts