Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got it right. I had a defective Muzzy ignition advancer or either the high compression didn't like, don't know?:confused:
But anyways it's running like a cop to a donut. 144 at the wheel with 79 Ft pounds of torque. This is where Dave at Muzzys said I would be until I got the adjustable cam sprockets, then after that I will be "right at 160 at the wheel". This dyno was without packing in my can so I probably would have slightly more torque also.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the A/F ratio. The first run was a little lean with 160-165-165-160 mains so I fattend it up to 172-175-175-172 and fixed my lean surge at 7. Im just a little fat on the mains but most of my riding is at night so it will equal out.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Question?

Why the larger jets on the inside? Do stock bike run this way also or is it only done under heavy modification?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
865 Posts
You Dog.......>>>

Hey Shannon,

So, you went & did it (before me, too). Sounds like its
gonna be fun when you get the cams adjusted.....!!!

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Kneeslider951 said:
Question?

Why the larger jets on the inside? Do stock bike run this way also or is it only done under heavy modification?

Thanks,

Mike
as far as i know, all stock carbs use fatter jets on the inside cylinders. i don't remember why, i think it has to do with the heat of the air or the cylinders. i don't really remember, just a guess.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Shannon,
You'll want to get those adjustable cam sprockets chrome plated first. If they can give you 16 additional HP, they deserve the best treatment. Seriously, I've installed a number of them and they always help, but nothing on the order of 16 HP.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: You Dog.......>>>

Cam McFarland said:
Hey Shannon,

So, you went & did it (before me, too). Sounds like its
gonna be fun when you get the cams adjusted.....!!!

I towed it home to Memphis last weekend. It ran soooooo much better. Memphis is 1100ft lower than where I am now. I did a roll-on with a 01 Gix1000 that had a full akro, remapped, those light wheels with no cush drive and some kind of carb butterfly mod and smoked him pretty bad. I was impressed, I was sure he would pull me. I could bring it up easy there in 4th, but have a hard time with 3rd here. Thats how much different the altitude made.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DaveL said:
Shannon,
You'll want to get those adjustable cam sprockets chrome plated first. If they can give you 16 additional HP, they deserve the best treatment. Seriously, I've installed a number of them and they always help, but nothing on the order of 16 HP.

Dave at Muzzy's is now saying 8-10 HP. He said I need to be 105-105. The stock set up is 105-100. I know it will make a noticeable difference but I doubt I will see even 8 more out of it.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Sounds pretty fun now....!!!;) :D :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts