Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here done any long, long trips on a GSX-R750? Just curious, did it totally kill or what?

------------------
Doug Walker
Victoria BC
Canada

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have ridden around 300 miles in one afternoon on my GSXR 750. I must say that by the end of the day my wrists were very sore but other than that I was fine. The seat on the 2k model is much more comfy.

------------------

·
Registered
517 Posts
I recently went on about a 220 mile jaunt around Mt Ranier. I have an aftermarket gel seat and I have to say it is a definite improvement over the stock seat. That being said, I sat on a 00 gixxer last week and I agree with GSXR750, it is pretty comfortable.

------------------
I wouldn't be so paranoid if you all weren't out to get me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Scotty (or anyone with a gel seat), how do you like that gel seat? I have thought about getting one of those, but would like some input as to if it is more comfortable or not. And also, does it have the same dimensions as the stock seat? I had a Corbin seat for a different bike that made me feel like I was sitting on a tractor. I hated it. Thanks for any input.

------------------

[This message has been edited by sean (edited July 31, 2000).]

·
Registered
517 Posts
Sean,
I bought the aftermarket seat available from Suzuki (from Competition Accessories, I think) and so far it has been soooo much better than the stock seat. It fits right in place of the old one, so there's no modifications to be made. After about an hour and a half straight in the seat, I start to get a little uncomfortable, especially on the freeway, but nothing too bad. I consider it a good investment.

------------------
I wouldn't be so paranoid if you all weren't out to get me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did a seven hour ride about a month ago. Stuck in f&%@ing Jersey traffic for 3 hours. It was not fun. Knees, wrists, shoulders and back were aching pretty bad. I was doing whatever I could to stretch out. I even sat on the tank, which was (safety considerations aside) surprisingly comfortable.

Well, nobody ever mistook the gixer for a tourer... ;)

------------------

P

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gixxer47:
Did a seven hour ride about a month ago. Stuck in f&%@ing Jersey traffic for 3 hours. It was not fun. Knees, wrists, shoulders and back were aching pretty bad. I was doing whatever I could to stretch out. I even sat on the tank, which was (safety considerations aside) surprisingly comfortable.

Well, nobody ever mistook the gixer for a tourer... ;)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Somewhere else on the Internet, on a motorcycle related website or mailing list, someone from Jersey is telling the story of having seen some "fool" riding while sitting on the tank. :D :D :D

------------------
Pete
"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of
age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts