Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ridden sportbikes off and on for six years or so. I am just coming back off of a long absence and have recently purchased a 2001 GSX600F. I am looking for any input on what anyone has done to their '98 and up Kat...to add to it's much needed horsepower. I have found that this bike looks and rides extremely well but is lacking in the power scheme of things.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Did someone say Katana? I say sell it and buy a bike that IS what you want instead of wasting your money trying to get a FatKat to act like a Gixxer.

(Now I would'nt really say that cuz its kinda not nice, but that's a sample of what your gonna get roun' here mostly :D )

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I love Katana's. If I had one, there would be so much I would do with it.

I'd start by putting a GSXR-600 motor in it. Then I'd get the GSXR 600 frame. While I was at it, I'd get the GSXR-600 plastics, tank and seat cowl. Oh yeah, and of course, the GSXR-600 wheels, brakes and everything else. That would be the ultimate Katana!

S

·
0 Posts
Sorry don't have one. I wish I did though. They do everything !
I'd go with the 600 though, the 750 kinda scares me.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are rough!

Boy you guys are rough! That's okay though, it hardens the skin and adds to the drive inside! So far, the advice has been good and welcomed. It would be nice to go out and buy myself a GSXR750 or 1000 but hey, guess what? I can't afford it! What I can afford to do is work with what I have. I think alot of sport riding is not the bike that is being ridden but the way it is ridden. Now if you have a good rider and a good bike, of course there is the exception! Anyhow I have lost some of the weight on my Kat and it is due for the new exhaust in a week or so! Keep the replies coming! Endless waves. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts