Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new @ stand up wheelies..But have been practicing alot on my 954....IT seems like I have to really load the front fork and bounce and the pegs and pull back to my chest, even after getting the rpms up in 2nd or 3rd just when the bike starts to pull...And after all that is only up for a second and right back down.....Is anyone else w/ a 954 have as much trouble or is it me..??I see guys on gixxers 750 & 1000 just stand on the pegs and lift that chytt w/ ease!!!!! & the ride it out for ever....Is it me or my bike,, can any on else do a stand up on there 954
& ride it for a distance....Any help is appreciated.........:mad:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Well, you said you can get it up for a second before it drops. If your getting it up high, it sounds like more of a balancing problem... If its just coming up a little bit, try playing with different ranges of your rpm... and if your not already going full throttle, give a little more twist.

·
53 Posts
Ruff-rida said:
& to DJS_tx,,,,, whats that have to do my ?
Nothing, as long as you don't mislead prospective buyers into thinking that your bike was never abused.

Here's a helpful hint for you: word gets around fast on the internet, where you are trying to sell your bike. If people see that you've been beating on it...do I need to explain further?

·
Registered
199 Posts
wheelin

RUFF: you know i'm going to say it's you right? my best one yet was 5-miles on my 01 CBR F4I bone stock. the 54 i've only done about 3-1/2. balance is the bigest thing! but i have to know. when your pickin the bike up. where's the tac?? i'll have to check mine the next time i ride. when i'm ridin it's all by feel. i'm thinkin the r's are at about 7k to 7500? i do know that on my 929 i could stand up in 5th with the r's right at 9k, get out and back in with a little pull and the thing would come up. please remember that when ever you try to bring the front up with the r's high. IT WILL COME UP A LOT FASTER. i would like to have some parts but not at your inconvenience. let me know how it go's.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mr 954,, & F3bufford

I have been arounf the 7 rpm, range...Maybe its more of a throttle problem...That im not gasing it enuff once i do...I'll try that along w/ watchin my rpm's...Thanxx

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HOLLA,,

I made some minor adjustments as you guyz suggested and HOLLAAAAAA>>>!!!!!!! That should stood right the fugg up...Im not riding the chytt out for milles, like you mr 954....But its a hella improvement...My boy and i were practicing tonight...And were both throwing that chytt up w/ ease..& riding it out... We both didnt want to stop riding, after we did we were walking around w/ BIG ol Kool-aid smilzzz....It was just a matter of rollin @ higher r's...Thanxx for the input.....:D :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
no problemo on getting the wheel up with my 954 the only thing I try too keep mine on the road I like my chain and rear bearings ;) ......but I love it too hit 4th gear at the top of a hill and ride the rear wheel for a ways....what a rush............ohhh btw I love this bike:D

·
Registered
499 Posts
Ruff-rida said:
HOLLA,,

I made some minor adjustments as you guyz suggested and HOLLAAAAAA>>>!!!!!!! That should stood right the fugg up...Im not riding the chytt out for milles, like you mr 954....But its a hella improvement...My boy and i were practicing tonight...And were both throwing that chytt up w/ ease..& riding it out... We both didnt want to stop riding, after we did we were walking around w/ BIG ol Kool-aid smilzzz....It was just a matter of rollin @ higher r's...Thanxx for the input.....:D :D

Congrats! once you learn how to shift mid-wheelie you'll be in business ;)

·
Registered
199 Posts
THE BIKE

RUFF:
thats why guys on the smaller cc bikes say thay beat the bigger cc bikes!! most of them don't know that the r's need to be up. thay think that because thay have power of the bigger bike that thay will walk away. no true! glad to hear you like it and that you didn't call lookin for parts (LOL):thumb:

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
so will a 954 do a stand up pretty easy in 3rd?

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
nice.

I think when i get a new bike itt'll be a 954

·
Registered
38 Posts
good move getting a 954..........I just waved to some guys on a portch and gased it a little in second the front came up growling....personally I don't do tricks on mine but I do love the power to just flick it up when ya want:D ...........mines a black/silver.................the fast color ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Alright, can you all help? What RPM's should the tach be at to pull the front end up? If the RPM's are higher, then the bike is going around 70 right? How do I do one from a 20mph roll?

·
Registered
199 Posts
My bike is a little worked now. I don't look at the tach, I do it all by feel. My bike is making 146rwhp on pump gas and 151 on newtec race fuel. I also have a little gearing going on and you want to feel flick? Holy cow the bike is just fun to ride!!
Looking @ getting the CBR 1000RR As soon as the cash gets right i'm there!!

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ruff-rida said:
Im new @ stand up wheelies..But have been practicing alot on my 954....IT seems like I have to really load the front fork and bounce and the pegs and pull back to my chest, even after getting the rpms up in 2nd or 3rd just when the bike starts to pull...And after all that is only up for a second and right back down.....Is anyone else w/ a 954 have as much trouble or is it me..??I see guys on gixxers 750 & 1000 just stand on the pegs and lift that chytt w/ ease!!!!! & the ride it out for ever....Is it me or my bike,, can any on else do a stand up on there 954
& ride it for a distance....Any help is appreciated.........:mad:
i do mine at about 45 mph, when i learned i tried them at about 65-70, i just stood up and cracked it wide open and rode it 4 a while, but i only weigh about 160 lbs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Are you guys clutching it up or what, cause i can bring it up at 4.5k in 1st. Anyone in the Wisconsin area want to do some teachin?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts