Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i 1st got the bike, I tought it was tuff,,after rollin on 600,, then after getting used to it,, i want that impressed...Yes, it wheelies no prob....I put a powercommander, downloaded some new mapping, & piped it out.... She is performing alot better...You guys that own these, do any of your riding partners run a gixxer 750 or 1000...If so, how do you think the 954 stacks up?? I know the bike can hang,, but do you think 2 people of the same riding ability,, would the cbr win,,if the bikes were stock to stock........................What other performance mods has anyone done,,,,besides engine work.. Not looking ot go that route...:eek:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I plan on puting the Akrapovic Evolution system and PCIIIR on very soon. Along with removing the flapper in the airbox and new filter, and maybe 1 tooth down on the front sprocket. I love this bike, light, quick, agile and plenty fast enough while also being able to maintain a license and insurance and not kill myself.

·
Registered
199 Posts
THE BIKE

RUFF: are you jokin:eek: my 54 was the shit from min 1 :twofinger maybe it was the way you broke the bike in? 300mi, and no steady throttle. then balls out. is this how you did it?
after the break-in on my bike i had a run in with a friend on a slow 1. (i mean R1) sorry lol. no but on the real his bike is nice:D anyhow. he's a lot bigger than i but i had the wife on the back w/me so the weight was right on. maybe even in his favor. we did a 3rd gear rool-on and just to make sure i let him get the jump. he pulled out about 3 to 4 bikes and we ran like that till i got to 6th. as soon as 6th gear i started to pull him in real slow we tucked a little more and got right up on him. the hole run went down in about 3miles. my friends bike has a good amount of work on it and was dyno tuned at 140 and some change at the ground so it's not a pig. my bike was bone stock. i'm going to put it on the dyno and post the outcome then i'll do some work:p but all and all. just what i thought:finger: a 1000

·
Registered
152 Posts
Re: THE BIKE

MR.954 said:
RUFF: i had the wife on the back w/me so the weight was right on. maybe even in his favor. we did a 3rd gear rool-on and just to make sure i let him get the jump. he pulled out about 3 to 4 bikes and we ran like that till i got to 6th. as soon as 6th gear i started to pull him in real slow we tucked a little more and got right up on him. the hole run went down in about 3miles
Not a whole lot of love lost on this wife, heh?? Drag racing on the street with your WIFE as a passenger!! Even if she likes it, it just shows both of you deserve each other I guess. Crashing is part of this game, didn't you know that yet? I think it is supremely selfish to put a loved one in the position for paying for your piss-poor judgement.

·
Registered
199 Posts
DIRTYCURT:
fu** off!! 1st know what your talkin about befor you open your big fat mouth. the wife wanted me to do it. she got the bike so she didn't have to here thye idiot's talk all the bull sh** about the 1,000's if you asked me. she made her point:finger: as far as talkin about how my family feels about each other. you could get delt wit like that playin with me!! you need to get to know some 1 befor you start talking the way you do. i think you talk the way you do because your bit** a** can't ride. know that i think about it. it's allways the guy that can't ride that talks to much. please don't be a hater. HATER'S SUCK

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
MR 954,,,,

To equal riders as far as ability goes,, one on a 954 ,, and the other on a newer model gsxr 750,,,Who do you think would win...??? My feelings wont be hurt,, either way...Just an honestly opinionated question/answer.......;)

& by the way, i it was broke in properly,,,not over 4rpm,, the first 300 miles,, and not ova 8rpm,,,until after 500 miles....

·
Registered
152 Posts
Riding is NO Hobby

Been riding 22 years non-stop, day in day out, cross country and back, countless times. How about you and the wife, who bought a bike she has to have YOU drive for her? I have seen it happen repeatedly. Squid driver puts the bike into harm's way and miraculously walks or limps away after putting passenger in wheelchair , emergency room or coffin. That's the real world!! I have SEEN it. A sportbike was not made to carry a passenger at speeds of 100mph plus. One little movement or gust of wind and you will be wobbling or tank-slapping down the highway. Especially a NEW model that is coming back with reports of a light springed front end. You have severely modified the handling dynamics with the addition of your overeager passenger. A smart man learns from his mistakes, a WISE man learns from the mistakes of others. Big difference between WISE-man and WISE-ass. Start being a MAN and using good judgment where others are involved, or NOT and become just another retired BIKER. Your choice, ultimately.

·
Registered
199 Posts
THE BIKE

RUFF: the 954 hands down:drool: i also had the privlege of kicking the snot out of a 750 w/work. my 929 would would get the 750 stock/stock. but the 54 just kills them anywhere:D

DIRTY: my wife rides like yourself. in her lane, both wheels on the road, at the speed limit, right in front of me. she's only been in the front seat for about 2years now. ME. i've been on them for 13years. 2 i drag raced, and the other 5 i road raced. your 22 years in a stright line don't mean jack to me! it might with other buell's but not here. you want to impress me get a real street bike.
i'm from new york and i know what it's like to be put in a bad position by another driver/rider. trust!!! when your talkin to me your not talkin to a squid.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Re: Riding is NO Hobby

DIRTYCURTYD said:
Been riding 22 years non-stop, day in day out, cross country and back, countless times. How about you and the wife, who bought a bike she has to have YOU drive for her? I have seen it happen repeatedly. Squid driver puts the bike into harm's way and miraculously walks or limps away after putting passenger in wheelchair , emergency room or coffin. That's the real world!! I have SEEN it. A sportbike was not made to carry a passenger at speeds of 100mph plus. One little movement or gust of wind and you will be wobbling or tank-slapping down the highway. Especially a NEW model that is coming back with reports of a light springed front end. You have severely modified the handling dynamics with the addition of your overeager passenger. A smart man learns from his mistakes, a WISE man learns from the mistakes of others. Big difference between WISE-man and WISE-ass. Start being a MAN and using good judgment where others are involved, or NOT and become just another retired BIKER. Your choice, ultimately.
uummm I think your lost. This isn't the sport TOURING forum. It's the Sportbike Forum.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Two-Up!!

Sooo, sportbike means two-up, hubby and wife, on a bike, on the highway in sixth gear trying to outrun the latest other streetbike, at 100mph plus, in a straight line, no less. A family hobby, like russian roulette, or dueling with pistols. Same pro-jap bias, as everywhere else on this website. I have owned plenty of them, jap bikes, as this was my first and only v-twin. It's been fun enough so far. I rode NYC as well, also Miami to Tampa as a weekly commuter, Chicago, LA, Toronto, SanFrancisco, Vegas, Denver you name it. It's different on the street, that CHEVY ( or Toyota ) will kill you or your loved ones faster than the track ever will.

·
Registered
199 Posts
TALKIN

DIRTY: lets try this again. whats up bro? my name is MR.954 how are you.

this is how you get to know some 1. didn't you mother ever tell you if you don't have something nice to say, keep you mouth shut?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
152 Posts
MR.954 said:

fu** off!! ... you open your big fat mouth.... you could get delt wit like that playin with me!!... your bit** a** can't ride... it's allways the guy that can't ride that talks to much. please don't be a hater. HATER'S SUCK
Look at your language and tell me who the HATER here is. These emotional tirades usually mean that the message hit right on target, close to home. When you sink to "expletive deleted's" you have lost the ability to advance a valid logical argument. The only saving grace is probably the inherent "brag factor" of the armchair rider, but if you opened up that Superbike with the wife on back, well, it's a done deal now. Next time THINK about the possible consequences. It is amazing how everyone on this web site is such great and error-free riders. I have been riding long enough I know I have made plenty of errors and usually walked away mostly by pure dumb luck. But none of you here have that problem, you ride "purrrrrfectly," error-free, even with the wife on board. The strange thing is that the one guy who I know who actually rode with some of this Arizona crowd, told me it was a pretty, inexperienced lot. Now I admire good riders, I just think they should only be putting themselves, not others, in harms way, that's all. Peace:cool:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok, so Mr.954 did over a 100 mph w/his wife on the back, and you bought a Buell. We all make mistakes, can we move on now?!?!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well from what i can tell. The 954 and GSXR 750 are pretty damn close. That's one mean 750. I have a 9, and my buddy was on my friends 750. He's a pound heavier than I. Well from second gear, If he opened the throttle first, he couldn't leave me, but I couldn't make ground till around 120+. Now if I opened it up first, I'd slowly walk away. Hands down, the 750 earned my respect.
I really expected to blast past him the 9 is a mean bike, but that 750 hangs with the 9's.

Dirty: Are you suffering from HONDA Sportbike envy?

Ruff-rida said:
MR 954,,,,

To equal riders as far as ability goes,, one on a 954 ,, and the other on a newer model gsxr 750,,,Who do you think would win...??? My feelings wont be hurt,, either way...Just an honestly opinionated question/answer.......;)

& by the way, i it was broke in properly,,,not over 4rpm,, the first 300 miles,, and not ova 8rpm,,,until after 500 miles....

·
Registered
152 Posts
Why Envy??

Headhunter said:

Dirty: Are you suffering from HONDA Sportbike envy?

Why envy? I have either rode or owned numerous sportbikes over the last 20 some years. What is amazing is the bias against Buells. It is a fun streetbike. I think all the jap guys feel so slighted by the HD folks that they have to continue the Buell trash talk to pump themselves up and stroke their fragile egos. I never felt that threatened by the HD's, my favorite times were dumping a little extra 2-stroke oil in the RD's and RZ's and riding in the Harley parade to the speedway at Daytona. RING a DING-DING, cough, cough!!!:cool:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Still have one stashed

Stashed in my 80 year old mother's condo is my 1978 RD400. It was running perfectly but it sat a little too long and the gas turned and the brake fluid absorbed a bit too much moisture. Hope to have it up and running again this summer. I am going to try and get the wife on it. It is pretty clean and was never made into a racer, full-blown. That is what ruined most of the ones you can find these days. I actually saw a Daytona Special the other day in Orlando for sale by the road, but I forgot to stop as I was on an errand with the wife. They usually want about $2000.00 plus for them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't have a bias against Buell, I just wouldn't buy a bike that has been recalled. Wait, let me clarify that a little more, I wouldn't buy a brand that has had every bike it ever made recalled, some more than once!!!!!!!!:barf: I guess you could say it hasn't happened to the Firebolt yet, but it's still early!!! If you like Buell, more power to you. It's the sportiest version of a bike made by a Harley owned company you can get, and true to Harley form it is not a very good bike!!!!:D

But hey, you like it and that is really all that matters. You make the payments, and you stand by your choice...I respect that!!!:cool:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts