Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1995 GSXF600 in great condition except the body has a couple cracks and was painted flat black. I was wondering if and where I can buy replacement or newer model or better looking panels from possibly newer model bikes that fits with little or no problems, don't get me wrong black looks cool but I like the stock look :) Oh and I guess this is my intro to the forums, hello everyone.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Welcome and you've picked a good starter bike, apparently by accident, so congrats on that! I can't offer any advice on body compatibility but will write back on Monday if you haven't gotten any more help from some of SBW's more model-smart members.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Katana bodywork

Ah, a 600 Katana, eh? Well, it's pretty easy to find parts for your bike since it was made virtually unchanged from 1988-1997. Any bodywork from another 600 or 750 Katana from those years should fit. E-bay is a good resource for used motorcycle bodywork. Might want to look at some online motorcycle salvage yards as well.

Bodywork from other different model or manufacturer bikes very rarely, if ever, works without some sort of custom fabrication that has to be done. Fairings are specifically engineered to fit each specific bike. Think of it as being a custom tailored, shrink-wrapped suit. The bodywork is designed to be form fitting over all of the components unique to that bike. Futhermore, the aerodynamics and air management of the bodywork is specifically engineered to that bike.

If you're looking for aftermarket bodywork (which still looks the same as the factory stuff and bolts right on, but comes unpainted) you might check this:

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/suzuz/GSX6001988-97.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts