Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my bike to my local Honda dealer this past week to have the valves adjusted. They also found out that my choke cable was broken, which is why when I turned hard left or right it killed the bike, but I had that figured out allready.

At any rate the valve adjustment was great and the new choke cable is good because the spring was broken in the old one anyway.

But now it's leaking a small amount of coolant. I see it on the ground just behind the front tire (a few drops is all) after leaving it sit awhile. It's a very minor leak so I can't really tell where it's coming from.

At any rate they didn't have to remove the radiator or drain/refill the coolant to do the valve adjustment did they? If so I'll take it back and scream bloody murder till they fix it for free but if not I'll take it home and start trying to trace the leak down.

·
Registered
199 Posts
coolant leak

you don't have to open the cooling system to do the valves on your bike. i'd check for the leak myself 1st. ya might find that it's just a loose hose or somthing. who knows, maybe they jacked ya up just so you would bring it back for more service. let us know how it go's

non stock cycles

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'll try to find it tonight. It's been raining lately so I haven't been able to find it on my ride to and from work so It's been a pain.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Be careful riding that thing, coolant is slicker n snot and will put you on your arse quick!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts