Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any complaints about the 2000 929's. I was looking at getting one, but the funds aren't there. i know that there are other members that would like to know if there have been any problems.

i got to drive one for like 10 minutes in the city one day, and mhammill, if you have never drivin one they are a lot more peppy than the F4's. the seat if fairly comfortable (in short time spans) and from what i've heard the beg to be drivin fast.

is there anyother complaints or praises???

------------------
Nick
"You meet the nicest people on Hondas"

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i haven't checked it out yet but i heard in a different thread ( :p) that this is a good site www.cbr929.net

------------------
Nick
"You meet the nicest people on Hondas"

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
That web page does have some good info on it. The only complaints I've heard from owners that I've talked to, has been the passenger seats hurt their Better Halves rearends. :rolleyes:

They say that the rider's seating position is fairly comfortable. :cool:

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
My only complaint is that I don't have one! :D :D

------------------
"I never had a cavity until I went to the dentist." -ex girlfriend's mother

·
Registered
30 Posts
No complaints as of yet, but then again, im still in my break-in period.

Great bike though. Having lots of fun. This thing will be a monster after break-in.

Enjoy.
jc

------------------

G

·
JC, haven't seen you around for a while. When did you get the 929? Where'd you get it? And since you are in my neck of the woods, would you mind telling me what kind of insurance you have? Don't know if you saw my posts about it, but I bought a 929 after being given a misquote for insurance. After not being able to find full coverage for under $1900/yr, I sold it. :(

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey Pete...Yeah i'm here, just lurking usually. I finally picked it up from Stubbs SW. Actually still breaking it in...about to do the first oil change.

You're gonna hate this, but I found full coverage for just under $700/year! :)
Allstate. It is far cry from the 2000-4000/year quotes.

We should ride sometime.

jc
[email protected]

------------------

[This message has been edited by mrdatalife (edited September 12, 2000).]

G

·
$700/yr?!? WOW, congrats to you! I called several different Allstate agents, and all I got was $2,000.00/yr. Do they know it's a CBR? Before my Allstate agent found out it was a CBR, my rate was about $700 (based on yr. and engine displacement). Then they called and asked for the model, WHAM, rates went through the roof. Come on man, tell me your secret!!!

------------------
Pete

[This message has been edited by Pete (edited September 12, 2000).]

·
Registered
30 Posts
pete...yeah, i was shocked too. I actually called him back to confirm. I found this guy a day before I picked up the bike. No secret, just lucky???

jc

------------------

G

·
What recall ?

Hey Pete you and Jc live in diff places, I know houston is huge and insurance is usually double in big cities.

What I used to do is change my address to that of my uncle, He lives in the boonies, insurance dropped for me 50-80% .......

Adam

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

·
Registered
35 Posts
where are these astronomical insurance prices coming from?

my 23 year old friend with a few accidents on his record only pays $70/month for full coverage from Allstate on his 929.

i pay about 60/month for my F4, and my other friend pays 65/month for his R1 (all through Allstate)

------------------

·
Registered
47 Posts
There's about 7 929's running around this area of town and most of them say thier insurance is between 200-700 a year.

There were a few of us about a month ago took a trip to madison IN and on the way back my friend steve (929) pulled up beside me and was flipping around his clutch lever like the cable was broke. We pulled over and checked it out and the cable was intact. When you tried to rotate the arm that actuates the clutch it wanted to pull up out of the case instead of push on the pressure plate. He took the clutch cover off and that little arm was broken. He took the broken parts to the local dealer and they wouldn't warrant it because it's part of the clutch. This kinda made me mad because you can't abuse this part if you wanted to. "well son you need to not pull in on your clutch so hard" Anyway, one of the local small shops called WFO had one laying around and they just gave it to him. Turns out it's the same part that fits the 900rr.

That's the guy I know who rides his 929 the hardest and the only problem I've heard about anyone having with one. I think there was a squid that got his gold chain caught between the fuel cap and tank somehow but that doesn't really count.

Luke

------------------

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrdatalife:

You're gonna hate this, but I found full coverage for just under $700/year! :)
Allstate. It is far cry from the 2000-4000/year quotes.

We should ride sometime.

jc
[email protected]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jason, Holy sheeat bro, if you don't mind e-mail me and give me that guy's name and phone #, I'm paying about 2x that much.

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark

G

·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Troublemaker400:
There's about 7 929's running around this area of town and most of them say thier insurance is between 200-700 a year.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Luke, there's a huge difference between rates there and rates here. I'm not kidding when I say that I spent hours in search of reasonable insurance for my 929. JC's deal is a fluke for this area, but it's a fluke that I'd like to be a part of.

JC, so he has it insured as a CBR, and not just a 929cc non-high performance streetbike?! Like Clark said, I'd appreciate an e-mail with the info. Maybe I'll be back on a 929 soon!!! Man, where were you when I needed you?!?! :D

------------------
Pete

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Troublemaker400:
I think there was a squid that got his gold chain caught between the fuel cap and tank somehow but that doesn't really count.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i would pay money to see that :eek:

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

·
Registered
30 Posts
hey guys...
I was just looking over my ins. statement and it's listed as '00 Honda, so...???

I may check w/ my agent tomorrow to get the scoop.

I'll let you know if I find anything out.

Regarding the recall...from what I've heard, there *may* be a problem with the fuel line and/or fuel delivery??? We'll see on that too!

jc

------------------

G

·
Squid, Missouri City is a "suburb" of Houston, you geographically-challenged fool. :D

JC, let me see if I can relate to you my story in understandable fashion. In Allstate's computer system, at least from what I saw on the computer screen in my agent's office, they enter Honda, year, and engine size, then they have to choose whether or not the bike is an "Interceptor" or "Hurricane". Next to "Hurricane" in parenthesis, it says "includes all CBR series". When she asked me if it was an Interceptor or Hurricane, of course, I said no. So, my rates were about $700/yr. Out of curiosity, I told her to plug in "Interceptor" (based on the fact that my previous bike could have been considered an Interceptor). That caused the rates to go up to $2,000/yr, so I knew something similar would happen if I told her that the 929 actually fell into *their* Hurricane category. A few days later, I guess someone in their office with half a brain figured out that my 929 might be a high performance bike. They called me and asked me if it was a CBR, end of story, sold the bike. I also chided them for having the Interceptor classified in the same category as the CBR, with a lengthy explanation of why. I'm sure it all fell on deaf ears. The upside is that they don't know what a VTR is, and my rates now are $600/yr.

------------------
Pete

G

·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Squid, Missouri City is a "suburb" of Houston, you geographically-challenged fool.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm from Canada Eh ? Whats a Sub-urb ? Geo-g-.. geo-graaa.. geo what ??

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

Adam

1 - 20 of 32 Posts