Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Looks to me like the biker ran a light or sign. Perhaps drunk = no pain?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I agree, he ran something. It may have been a stop sign but he definatly ran through something. I think the car took more damage than the bike though... that thing just folded up lol. The rider coulda been a drug addict, he kinda has that whole look about him:twofinger

·
Registered
271 Posts
You can't really tell because of the angle and field of view if there is a traffic light/sign there or not. The various numbers on screen mean something, but I don't know what. But, watching the video, it would appear that the cross traffic was stopped. Notice that it is several seconds after the collision that you begin to see cross traffic moving through in both directions. In fact, the traffic in the far lanes (top of screen) is grouped as it would be just starting out from a green light.

So, it looks to me like the woman driving the car ran a red light. That would certainly explain why the biker was so irate, and he doesn't appear to be drunk, only dazed.

What amazes me is that he hoped right up, almost as if nothing happened and yet his bike is trashed. Wow. He's damned lucky regardless of who was at fault.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
she prolly was on a cell phone. btw, I highly doubt the rider was drunk considering it takes a good bit of balance to be on two wheels.

Believe me, I tried to ride a bicycle when drunk. I got 2 petals and then crashed. Good thing my buddies provided me with a mesh jacket and full face helmet. That was a fun night. After I sobered up a bit, I tried stoppies. That was also a bad idea.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi All-

Is that the motorbike heard before anything is seen? Perhaps the Harley guys are right, "Loud pipes save lives!"

:p

~ Blue Jays ~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts