Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which would you choose...
1989 Ninja ZX7

perfect condition never dropped, new race clutch , brakes, full muzzy race exhaust air filters and jet kit.

1998 YZF600

As I've been told, it was layed down and the frame was scratched and thus salvaged. The frame has been checked out and is not damaged, the transmission had a problem and was rebuilt, front fairing was replaced (the rest just has scratches). Has frame sliders, new tires, vance and hines full exhaust, K&N, stage 1 jet kit, upgraded brake lines, PC3

both are local, the yzf is $2600, the zx7 $2500 (down from $3k, he wants to get rid of it)

·
Registered
980 Posts
Personally I would not buy a salvage bike unless it was a project for a stunt bike (which I may be doing next season). Im not a kawi fan so I don't know about that one.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
If it wasnt for the damage, I'd pick the newer one.. with the damage its hard to say...

·
Registered
746 Posts
I just sold that exact bike (yzf600r), the tranny rebuild for those things is at least 2 grand. So with a new tranny that bike is well worth more than that. 100 bucks for a 10 year newer bike, you shouldn't even have a question about which one to get. The yzf was a fun bike and I missed it until I got my new 1000rr. Plus all those add ons make that bike a no brainer to get. Who cares about a salvage title, it's 2600 bucks, you will ride it into the ground. So it's not like your going to get alot of money for it after you do. Get it, you will be happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts