Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok- so maybe there's not too much interest for this bike here nowadays, but one never knows.

The bike has only 14,000 original miles on it. It is black with a red and white Tapeworks graphics kit on it. (original red stripes removed) Runs perfectly, never a wimper, and everything works. I've added a D+D slip on pipe plus new Dunlop K591 Elite SP's. I am the second owner, and I've put maybe 4,000 of those miles on myself. Always garaged and well taken care of.

It has never been crashed, but it has toppled over in the back of a U-Haul once. No major damage, though. It does look very nice and gets tons of compliments, especially when the bike's age is revealed. It isn't R6 or F4 fast, but will run hard enough to put a big smile on your face. The only thing the bike does need is a chain, which I hope to have completed shortly. I am going to borrow the digital camera from work so I can put up some pics if any one is curious.

The bike comes with two Shoei helmets in excellent condition, full fairing bras,(I never used them) RKA soft saddlebags, shop and owner's manual, and I still have the original tool kit. Oh, and the battery is brand new too.

If you or someone you know is looking for a decent sportbike I think this one is a good deal. It doesn't quite commit the rider to "lay down" on it like the more recent sport 600's- and might make a nice entry level bike for someone, street or track. I've seen them go for anywhere from 3000 on the higher side for cleaner examples, and as low as 1500. My asking price is a pretty firm $2000.00- which I believe is a fair deal.

If you or someone you know would like some more info, feel free to drop me an e-mail.

Thanks!

'cane

------------------

·
Registered
186 Posts
Heck, I sold my 90 F1 (not a HURRICANE!!!) for $1000. Then again, it had been laid three times (only one was my fault) and it had no side fairings. Believe it or not, but it looked awesome naked. I just wished I had painted it black. Too bad it has a steel frame instead of alum.

------------------
Dan...Comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gee Thanks Dan, way to go and drive the price down! :) (just kidding)

Seriously, though- it's definitely in good shape, and come on- with 14,000 miles- lots of good riding left in it. I think after seeing it and taking it for a ride, $2000 is a great deal.

Plus- It's a classic, right? Heck even Honda's own website features a page dedicated to this machine. (although someone was sniffing glue when they posted that 1/4 mile time....)
http://www.hondamotorcycles.com/classics/1987hurricane/index.html

'cane

------------------

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
in all fairness, i saw a 90 cbr600f1 (i like the hurricane name better though) for sale for $3000, it didn't look as good as your's sounds. they must sell for more in the northeast.

------------------
Tony

00 GSX-R750-yellow & black
88 FZR400-krylon black
94 CBR600F2--sold

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
it's nice than the one i saw for 3000.

i'd hold on for 2000 too, actually, i'd hold out for 2500, but that's me.

------------------
Tony

00 GSX-R750-yellow & black
88 FZR400-krylon black
94 CBR600F2--sold

·
Registered
186 Posts
I saw an 89 here at the shop for $3400 not too long ago. Bikes are so hard to get up here in Iowa. It wasn't as nice as yours. It was still white.

------------------

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys-

I've already gotten a few calls on it, so hopefully after the holiday weekend I'll have had some folks over to look at it.

'cane

------------------

·
Registered
43 Posts
Have to say that your F1 looks immaculate. So any luck with selling it. Have you ever thought about just selling it for parts? I've got an '89 F1 which I'm restoring because I layed it down. So now I'm looking around for fairings and other minor things here and there.

Let me know how it goes.

------------------

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SOLD! This afternoon to Mike, who drove 8 hours from New York. Congrats and thanks if you're out there!

Now, the quest begins for the next one.....

'cane (?)

------------------

·
Registered
186 Posts
That's sad. I read that Honda thing about the 87 and my 90 only dyno'd at 74 hp. Then again it was after 22,000 miles, 2 previous owners who beat it up, really really dirty carbs that had to be cleaned, and it was 95 that day. Add in the fact the drive train loses some...I think I lost my point. Doh!

------------------

1 - 11 of 11 Posts