Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walked out to my bike and noticed a small (5-10cc) puddle of oil under it. Rode it for a few minutes (checked oil level first and it was OK) and returned. Was leaking a small amount of oil and not thru any of the hoses. I then pulled the fairings and checked the oil cooler. The oil cooler is leaking oil (not around the fittings, as I had hoped maybe one was simply loose).

Anyhow-since I see no sign of damage I assume the cooler is defective and needs replaced (under warranty). Any other advice before I take it 50 miles to the Pensacola dealership?

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would not hesitate to take it in immediately. Do not try and self diagnose a problem such as this on a NEW BIKE. Sounds like you might have something overlooked or under tightened?

My advice would be to take it to your dealer:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
749 OIL LEAK

Take it back my friend has a 999 had it every since may and so far it's been in the shop at least 4 times first the mechanic light stayed on they replaced the whole unit,next it was making some wierd noise light backfiring and sometimes it would cut off and now he noticed problems like the oil leak the dealership said they couldn't find it but it only occurs after a hard ride but take it back

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took the panels off. It is definetly the oil cooler. The fittings are on the right side and look dry. The leak is on the left side along the seam. Anyhow, just took it to the dealer and it looks like an easy fix (also said it was under warranty so no problem).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good deal, at least it is taken care of and they will get to know you and your machine at the dealer....

I make sure that I have a mechanic that "knows" me and my bike no matter what I need. I have found out over the course of 13+ years of riding that its nice to have someone that can work on your machine without worry.

Glad to know things are good again with the Duc:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts