Sportbike World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a working EPROM for a 748R. I'm not 100% sure but I believe all years to be compatible.

I have a Marving slip-on set, and with the stock EPROM doesn't seem to be rich enough (all over).

The EPROM that was sold to me 4 years ago apparently is for a half system, and has a huge hole between 5k-7k. Is is SO rich, people complain that my Duc is spraying gas at them.

I recently purchased a Ducati Performance EPROM for slip-on systems and it doesn't even prime the pump, so it's the worst yet.

So, does anyone have a working 748R/with slip-on exhaust EPROM?

And no, I don't want to install a Power Commander, nor do I have the money for it. But yes, I'm aware of the option. :D

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i know this is an old post but the factorypro chip for my 748r is awsome. the only other chip i might even consider would be fim's ultimap chip.

don't waste your money on anything else for the r...regardless of who's name is on it or what exhaust it came with.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The last time I spoke to Mark Salvisberg at Factory Pro, he wanted me to bend over and rape me for a chip. Of course I could understand that at the time, he had never seen a 748R before, and that he wanted to try out his new equipment. He wanted $750 for a custom chip! For that price, it'd be cheaper to install a PC-III.

What did your Factory Pro chip cost? And how much does the FIM chip cost?

·
Registered
27 Posts
you don't want to know how much (little) i paid for my factorypro chip off the bay ;)

factorypro's drop in chip is around $250 or $280 iirc. the fim chip is only $180 from bcm. if you want factorypro's custom mapping it will still cost you around $700. they use to reimburse the cost of the chip or pc3 that you're currently running if you go with their mapping, although i'm not sure if they still do.

a pc3 will run you $300 + custom mapping so realistically you could be looking at around $500+ for that.

i have a pc3usb that i'm not even using...thats how good this chip is.

·
Registered
27 Posts
iccarref1026 said:
whatever!
:( aww, did i hurt your feelings big guy?

sorry but the truth is the truth. fbf doesn't even list a chip for the 748r which would lead me to believe that they don't have much experience with them...at least not as much as factorypro, bcm, or sigma (which are the ONLY other two companies i would trust a drop in 748r chip from).

anyways, the chip was sold.

·
Registered
193 Posts
chiromikey said:
:( aww, did i hurt your feelings big guy?

sorry but the truth is the truth. fbf doesn't even list a chip for the 748r which would lead me to believe that they don't have much experience with them...at least not as much as factorypro, bcm, or sigma (which are the ONLY other two companies i would trust a drop in 748r chip from).

anyways, the chip was sold.
wow,are you clueless!

·
Registered
27 Posts
:rolleyes: and you're a little too sensative. remember, you came into the thread with the "whatever" attitude.

i'm always up for learning something new about these bikes so if you got some information that i haven't come across yet, as they say, put up or shut up.

i've talked with just about everybody that knows whats going on with the 748r bikes and NO ONE has EVER mentioned fbf. if you're even remotely familiar with the 748r i shouldn't have to drop names.

yes fbf can do a custom map, they may even have a drop in chip (whether its their own or copied) but i HIGHLY doubt they have the time put into the 748r like factorypro, bcm (chips by doug lofgren), or sigma performance.

so please enlighten me if you've got some information on fbf's work with the 748r eproms/mapping because they don't seem to offer any on their website.

·
Registered
193 Posts
chiromikey said:
:rolleyes: and you're a little too sensative. remember, you came into the thread with the "whatever" attitude.

i'm always up for learning something new about these bikes so if you got some information that i haven't come across yet, as they say, put up or shut up.

i've talked with just about everybody that knows whats going on with the 748r bikes and NO ONE has EVER mentioned fbf. if you're even remotely familiar with the 748r i shouldn't have to drop names.

yes fbf can do a custom map, they may even have a drop in chip (whether its their own or copied) but i HIGHLY doubt they have the time put into the 748r like factorypro, bcm (chips by doug lofgren), or sigma performance.

so please enlighten me if you've got some information on fbf's work with the 748r eproms/mapping because they don't seem to offer any on their website.
whatever!find out yourself.you have all the answers.

·
Registered
193 Posts
chiromikey said:
:rolleyes: thats about what i expected from you. maybe stating "put up or shut up" was a bit too harsh...if so, i apologize.

seriously, do you have any information or are you just going to sulk?
i already gave you to much of my time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
iccarref1026 said:
i already gave you to much of my time.
well like i said..."put up or shut up" and apparently you can't do either.

i've given you plenty of opportunity to follow through with your claim but now i see that you're just a chump blowing smoke and can't back up what you stated...nice try though.

unfortunately, you're also too ignorant to realize that it takes you more time to sulk and have a poor attitude than it does for you to share this "secret" about fbf that, for some reason, only you seem to posess.

thanks for the valuable time you did share with the board. too bad it was wasted and uneducational (for us).

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
What a worthless thread revival.

·
Registered
193 Posts
chiromikey said:
well like i said..."put up or shut up" and apparently you can't do either.

i've given you plenty of opportunity to follow through with your claim but now i see that you're just a chump blowing smoke and can't back up what you stated...nice try though.

unfortunately, you're also too ignorant to realize that it takes you more time to sulk and have a poor attitude than it does for you to share this "secret" about fbf that, for some reason, only you seem to posess.

thanks for the valuable time you did share with the board. too bad it was wasted and uneducational (for us).
hey genius,pick up the phone.dial 215-657-1276 and find out yourself.(like i said in my original post).i have no idea what chip goes in that bike.i'm positive they have what's needed or maybe just maybe they have a better solution .why in the hell would i do it for you.after getting scolded for name calling and being to rude a while back i'll leave it like this.if you're ever on the east coast look me up i have a couple more suggestions for you, ken hindermyer

·
Registered
27 Posts
iccarref1026 said:
hey genius,pick up the phone.dial 215-657-1276 and find out yourself.(like i said in my original post).i have no idea what chip goes in that bike.i'm positive they have what's needed or maybe just maybe they have a better solution .why in the hell would i do it for you.after getting scolded for name calling and being to rude a while back i'll leave it like this.if you're ever on the east coast look me up i have a couple more suggestions for you, ken hindermyer
well at least you now admit you have no idea about the chip and whether or not fbf even has something for the 748r. all i stated was that in my EXTENSIVE research on the 748r i can, without a doubt, say that NO ONE is going to have a better drop-in solution than the companies i mentioned unless someone is making a custom map (and UNLIKE you said in your original post, NO ONE can make a "custom" map over the phone). in my original reply to you i didn't say ANYTHING derogatory...it was YOU that got all huffy with your original "whatever" remark.

btw, i don't need to call fbf...i've already discussed these bikes with them in the past. thats why i was asking for this enlightening (new) information that you represented to have. i wasn't asking you to make any calls or do anything for me except provide some information to back up your smart assed clueless attitude.

so if i'm ever on the east coast are you implying that you're going to beat me up? gee you're a tough guy. can't back up your argument so you resort to innuendos and idle threats. if this discussion weren't over the internet i doubt you would have even said "whatever" to me. not that you couldn't beat me up (its probably not that difficult of a feat), just that i doubt you're that much of an asshole in real life.

·
Registered
193 Posts
chiromikey said:
well at least you now admit you have no idea about the chip and whether or not fbf even has something for the 748r. all i stated was that in my EXTENSIVE research on the 748r i can, without a doubt, say that NO ONE is going to have a better drop-in solution than the companies i mentioned unless someone is making a custom map (and UNLIKE you said in your original post, NO ONE can make a "custom" map over the phone). in my original reply to you i didn't say ANYTHING derogatory...it was YOU that got all huffy with your original "whatever" remark.

btw, i don't need to call fbf...i've already discussed these bikes with them in the past. thats why i was asking for this enlightening (new) information that you represented to have. i wasn't asking you to make any calls or do anything for me except provide some information to back up your smart assed clueless attitude.

so if i'm ever on the east coast are you implying that you're going to beat me up? gee you're a tough guy. can't back up your argument so you resort to innuendos and idle threats. if this discussion weren't over the internet i doubt you would have even said "whatever" to me. not that you couldn't beat me up (its probably not that difficult of a feat), just that i doubt you're that much of an asshole in real life.
is that it?are you done now?believe me when i tell you i'm way more of an asshole in person.by the way what could have i been thinking.you're absolutely right fbf has everything but a drop-in chip for a 748r.

Stage 1: For use with slip-ons, full exhaust systems, or light engine
and airbox modifications.
Stage 2: Custom chip, please supply your engine modification specs when calling.
Stage 3: Custom chip for racing engines, please supply your engine modification specs when calling.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.