Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 748, which is a bike that I've been dreaming about for quite some time now. I am absolutely in love with everything about about. One thing that makes me nervous though is the spring loaded sidestand. I worry that if I park it somewhere, someone may lean on it and that stand pop up and the bike will fall. Has anyone had any mishaps with that?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I haven't had any issues with my sidestand, but I've heard alot from some people that have. You may have noticed that the bike leans a bit more than it should on the stand, that's just the way it is, but there are some aftermarket stands that will give you some extra length to work with. I think they were made by Cyclecat or someone like that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not had any rpobs with my 748's.

Only thing you have to be a little wary of is people sitting on your bike when you're not around and then stepping off it and not realising the sidestand has flicked up - has been known....

Also, don't park it up facing down a hill or slope. If the bike rolls forwards slightly and the stand digs in, then the stand is liable to flick up and mean you come back to a bike on it's side and a heap load of expense.

Guy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i've already almost had that happen w/ someone sitting on it and not realizing that the stand retracted. Came real close to having a bad day. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts