Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i should put this in the drag racing forum but it looks like nobody uses it. I have an 05 636 and i am goign to take it to the dragstrip next week. Anybody know what my bike should run once i get the technique down? 1/4 mile not 1/8. Really not interested in drag racing a bike just want to see how i will run compared to friends drag cars.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi All-

Your bike will certainly be faster than a 2002 Ford Mustang, regardless of color! ;) I'd have to find one of my issues of Motorcyclist, Cycle World, or Sport Rider that has the "performance roundup" sections they print occasionally with the speed data to know the quarter-mile for sure...

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
1,820 Posts

All journalists will agree the 636 is the fastest middleweight of 2005 in stock trim. But CBR600RR would perform better at the track (not drag racing). 636 could be even faster than motorcycle usa's results above.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Z_Fanatic said:
CBR600RR would perform better at the track (not drag racing).
very true, the hondas can take the curves better, very well balanced. usually makes up for the straight aways.

but in the end were talking about fractions of a second so it really depends on the rider.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks. that gives me an idea of what i can shoot for. by the way the mustang is a blown v6 that runs 12's. which isnt too bad.

·
Registered
183 Posts
You will beat it as long as your technique is decent. I think the general consensus is that mid to low 11s is a decent time for a new 600 at the track in the real world.

·
Registered
217 Posts
02whitestang said:
thanks. that gives me an idea of what i can shoot for. by the way the mustang is a blown v6 that runs 12's. which isnt too bad.

a blown v6 stang in the 12's???

what psi...what else do you have done?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
11 psi. procharger, heads, cam, headers, exhaust, dyno tuned by SCT, drag radials, stage 2 clutch and flywheel and a others i am sure i am forgetting.

·
Registered
892 Posts
02whitestang said:
11 psi. procharger, heads, cam, headers, exhaust, dyno tuned by SCT, drag radials, stage 2 clutch and flywheel and a others i am sure i am forgetting.
sounds like he could have saved himself some time and money if he just got the v8...:)

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Damn, Mind posting a drag slip for that stang? My best friend is a mustang fanatic, and he is going to go apeshit over this...

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
If you'd be kind enough to post the model of the stang, the list of mods, and the timing slip, I'd really appritiate it. Your buddy has some bragging rights.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
went to the track last night. Have to get all the time slips scanned. He didnt run that great though. He ran mostly low 13's and his car is definetly capable of running 12's but the track was slick. and humidity was up.
02' 3.8L v6 mustang
Mods (off the top of my head)
Procharger...11lbs. )upping soon
intercooler
aluminum heads
cam (sorry dont knows specs,,mild though)
stage 2 clutch and flywheel
bbk long tube headers
x-pipe
super chip (custom dyno tuned at over 370hp to the wheels, sorry cant remember exact numbers)
steeda short throw
had 3.73's and t-loc but upgraded to 8.8 rear and its all stock
ET streets
sct mass air flow
bigger injectors and fuel pump
and of course all the gauges to monitor
new sway bars, upper and lower control arms, eibach springs
stalker body kit...not that its changes performance

will post a slip and hopefully a pic as soon as i can get them and figure out how to post. have never tried to post a slip or pic

·
Registered
105 Posts
You should be able to run low 11's...but be careful not to fry the clutch.

In order to get it to run high 10's you will need to ride the clutch out in first and this will result in serious wear. Maybe just get it in gear, put all of your weight on the tank and then hit it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ran 11.4 on a 2000 TT600 so Im pretty sure that a 05' 636 should run in the high 10s if you know how to ride it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts