Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been too busy to look lately. Has the 2001 F4i been reviewed by any magazines yet? If so what do the real numbers look like compared to the claimed numbers?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I've searched and searched and so far come up empty handed. If anyone knows of anywhere I can find these numbers, let me know too. I am extremely excited to see the numbers for the new r6-beater! :D

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
NOT THIS ONE

The New F4i aint gonna beat this R6. :D

It should remain in the back like all the other Hondas. Only joking, don't want to start any fights here.

I can't wait to see the new Gixxer and F4i!

·
Registered
873 Posts
HA

You guys crack me up.
We all know tha 2000/01 6R spanks 'em all Where it counts.

:p

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any one of these bikes is far more capable than I am so discussing which one has a slight advantage over which at the edge of the envelope is silly for me. At 6'2" I have other things to worry about if I switch backa to the middle class. I have sat on the new Kawi 6R and was pleasently surprised by the ergos. The R6? You must be kidding right? Can you say monkey f*$#ing a football?:eek::rolleyes: I'll have to wait until I can lay hands on an F4i before I decide.

Don't be offended R6 owners I like the bike, I think they're gorgeous and undeniably fast, I just can't take the ergos. Peace...:cool:

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
R6 owner not offended.

I am glad that you realize that the capabilities of the rider are what really count. Obviously someone that can't ride at edge of the perforance envelope will not really see the differences in these bikes.

The R6 can be uncomfortable. But when it comes to the corners it's like a dream. Sounds a bit like Ducati's. Not that I would compare 'rice' to 'pasta'!!

·
Squid
813 Posts
VYPIR said:

I am glad that you realize that the capabilities of the rider are what really count.
That reminds me, all bikes are predictable. It's the riders that make them unpredictable due to survival reactions.

[Edited by jk6672 on 10-31-2000 at 07:20 PM]

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Didn't I read that there is actually going to be 2 CBR600Fi bikes? One is the Fi and the other is the more performance oriented Fi Sport. :confused:

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
there will be two, f4i and something like an f4is, the later being more sport-oriented.

but in the us, we'll only get the sporty one with the comfier's name. it appears the biggest different is the us and sportier euro one will get two seats, like a gsxr, r6 or 929. the regular one will have the one piece stepped seat, like the current model.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Birdman said:
I have sat on the new Kawi 6R and was pleasently surprised by the ergos. I'll have to wait until I can lay hands on an F4i before I decide.
From what I have read, the back end of the 01 F4i is indentical to the 00 F4 - they haven't made many (if any?) changes down the back of the bike.

L8rs!

P

·
0 Posts
Blackbird said:

From what I have read, the back end of the 01 F4i is indentical to the 00 F4 - they haven't made many (if any?) changes down the back of the bike.

L8rs!
That's right, but like Tony said, there is also the "sport" model that has the split seat and racier ergos. Nothing I have seen in print has eluded to whether or not the sport model has a tail trunk like the 929RR. Anybody know the answer?

·
Registered
468 Posts
RCjohn said:
Didn't I read that there is actually going to be 2 CBR600Fi bikes? One is the Fi and the other is the more performance oriented Fi Sport. :confused:

I don't know about that, but I am drooling at the thought of trying to get my hands on one of those RC51 Complete Racer track bikes. Holy crap would that be a nice toy to have for track days!!! Santa, are you listening?????

·
Registered
1,322 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
F4i info

1up5dn said:
There is a review of the F4i on the net, but you need to speak Italian! There is a link to it at http://www.motorcycledaily.com
For all those who don't want to learn Italian, you can go to the Italian web page, cut and paste the url into the Alta Vista Translator, and BAM! You're reading English!

Go to http://www.altavista.com and click on translate on the bottom left of the page. The translation may not be perfect, but it's better than waiting for the slow-ass American magazines to publish the much-anticipated info on what is the new r6 killer!

Have fun and let me know what you guys thing. It worked for me, hope it works for you. Later...

[Edited by CBR Brutha on 11-07-2000 at 05:20 AM]

1 - 20 of 86 Posts