Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I was just wandering from you guys experience about what is the average insurance differences between the 600cc sportbikes and the 1000cc bikes.

And do the insurances usually very per brand or just CC and sportbike in general.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Generally its going to vary by cc only, However thats just in one catorgtory, If you got a 1300 cc gold wing for 25k or what ever they go for now, Expect the insurace to be a lot more. 1000 cc's are going to be more just like a 4cyl car vs 8 cyl car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would agree except that when I was looking at bikes I know that my Honda 600RR was more for insurance than the Yamaha R6 I was looking at. So sometimes it can vary with the bike.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess, I will have to check, I will probably stay with 600's since they have more than enough power for me, but was worth asking anyway ;).

I'm at the same point as you bigblue 600RR or R6, decisions decisions.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I ended up going with the honda mostly because of financing. Yamaha was really tough on me and wanted a bunch down and more per month for the same loan price

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I don't plan on making a purchase till next winter, due to wife and other debts that I want to get paid off before then. My other motorcycle should be paid of by winter, then I'll just have a house and car payment, so maybe I can save a little up for the purchase.

How are you liking the RR? I love the looks of them except for the tach gauge looks like one on the bike I had in the 80's. But still most likely the bike that I will get.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I love the RR. I have to agree that the biggest thing I didn't like was the gauges. I just seems so cheesy but the tach is easy to read so that is all that really matters. I like the seat on the yamaha better but am going to get a corbin seat anyway so won't really matter. As for everything else either bike is more than I will be able to get near it's potential for a while so that doesn't matter. It is real quick and honda is supposedly one of the most reliable brands so it all works out good for me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes Honda has been insanely reliable for me, I'm 32, and my father brought me my first 50cc honda dirtbike at 4 lol. And I have been riding them ever since. I have owned 1 yamaha, which was also very reliable.

One thing I do like about the RR gauges is you get a fuel gauge. Hey also what color is the backlit after dark?

·
Registered
68 Posts
funny enough I don't know. I only have my permit (there is a one month wait for the safety course in cali) so I have not ridden after dark or on the highways. I will have to check that out some nite out in the garage. lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts