Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reposting this after my first one broke i'm sure it is somehow my fault.(computer ilLiTerAtE) if you get what
i am saying. Oh well to the question at hand. Which one of the new 600's is the fastest. (suz,yam,hon,kawa, triumph ) top speed that is .Not what it say's on the speedo but real top speed.

Just wonderin, thanks in adavance for any response
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
They are all within a few miles per hour of each other. I'd say the gixxer might have it by one or two miles per hour.

Ian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
According to the newest issue of Sport Rider, the figures go like this:
#5 Triumph TT600 146
#4 Kawi ZX-6R 154
the next 3 were tied
Honda CBR600F4i 157
Yamaha YZF-R6 157
Suzuki GSX-R600 157

Too bad the Gixxer couldn't pull out and extra mph just to say it's supreme.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
GixxerSixxer said:
According to the newest issue of Sport Rider, the figures go like this:
#5 Triumph TT600 146
#4 Kawi ZX-6R 154
the next 3 were tied
Honda CBR600F4i 157
Yamaha YZF-R6 157
Suzuki GSX-R600 157

Too bad the Gixxer couldn't pull out and extra mph just to say it's supreme.


Yam 157mph = ( 252 km/h ) It will Definitely go Much faster ...... On a 00 R6 and i know for a fact that In 4th gear my 01 R6 will do 225 km/h or ( 139.8 Mph ) And yes I have two more gears to go :D

I think we should be getting speeds from people that own them.... the magazines tend to be a little on the conservative side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
653 Posts
Why do you care? They are within 1-3 miles per hour of each other. F4i, GSX-R 600, and R6 are all unbelievably close.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
With speeds that close, I think I would be looking for the most comfortable ride. Anyway what is 3-4mph? Walking speed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
extra gear?

Cyko said:




Yam 157mph = ( 252 km/h ) It will Definitely go Much faster ...... On a 00 R6 and i know for a fact that In 4th gear my 01 R6 will do 225 km/h or ( 139.8 Mph ) And yes I have two more gears to go :D

I think we should be getting speeds from people that own them.... the magazines tend to be a little on the conservative side.
I am going to have to disagree here. I do think that top speeds depend on weight, rider, etc, but I don't think just because you have two more gears that changes anything. I think top speeds are like the red line on a bike.....there is only so much you can mustard out of a bike. I had mine up to 8-9 rpms and at a 105 miles an hour, and she was winning pretty hard, I don't think I could got alot more out of her (you know, like 180 or something). I would love to have a track near by to try what I could get on top speed.
I did notice around 13 rpms the other day, the old Yamaha stop pulling :( The old Honda f4 kept pulling all the way to the top (around 15 rpms). Have you notice this Cyko?


Hey, Cyko, if you do get more than 157 miles an hour out of your new r6 ( I have the same bike) please let me know! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
Gentlemen, Are we talking speedo reading ir actual speed? I know that most speedos are off around 3-4 mph at 60? I think that's the figure anyway, if you're going an indicated 180 (Good luck) you may only be doing an actual 168. Just something to keep in mind.
Ride Safe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
I would have to agree... even if one of the 600's was 10-15 miles an hour slower (Top speed) than another... what's the difference? How often do you ride around at 140 miles and hour?

I would be looking at:

A) How the bike handles
B) How you like the ride of that particular bike
C) Most comfortable for you
D) Sweet Looks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
653 Posts
JOnGold said:
I would have to agree... even if one of the 600's was 10-15 miles an hour slower (Top speed) than another... what's the difference? How often do you ride around at 140 miles and hour?

I would be looking at:

A) How the bike handles
B) How you like the ride of that particular bike
C) Most comfortable for you
D) Sweet Looks
Couldn't have said it better
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
If all you want is top speed, why don't you look at a 750 or a 900?
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
750 or 900? Huh?

Digweed said:
If all you want is top speed, why don't you look at a 750 or a 900?
Digweed, for top speed you're recommending a 750 or a 900? Um, can you say Hayabusa, ZX12R, or GXSR1000? Regardless, I think he makes it pretty clear that he is only interested in the top speeds of the 600 class, not all classes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
As a new F4i owner I became curious. What was the reason for the top speed limit? Which of the bikes (if any) were at their redline in high gear? Or was it a drag related top speed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
The fasted ive been on my R6 is 145. After that i can't realy see the road anymore. is it true the gixxer 600 comes stock with a steering damper?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,801 Posts
JOnGold said:
I would have to agree... even if one of the 600's was 10-15 miles an hour slower (Top speed) than another... what's the difference? How often do you ride around at 140 miles and hour?

I would be looking at:

A) How the bike handles
B) How you like the ride of that particular bike
C) Most comfortable for you
D) Sweet Looks
I would have said this! This is the stuff that really counts.

Originally posted by carvinfool
As a new F4i owner I became curious. What was the reason for the top speed limit? Which of the bikes (if any) were at their redline in high gear? Or was it a drag related top speed?
I had the R6 within 500 rpm of the redline once (15,000/15,500 rpm). I don't know how fast I was going though. Speedo lies at those speeds. i don't think there is a reason for the limit. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
Hey, Sage666

Yeah, It's true!! The 2ks didn't but when Suzuki revamped the 600 for 2k1 the slapped one on there. It's the only 600 that comes with a stock damper.
Just thought you'd want to know.
Ride Safe
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top