Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys know of any boot manufacturers that make them in wide sizes???

I wear a size 12 shoe, but my width is a 4E. So I need something in a wider version or I can't wear them. Also I'm not gonna spend $200 on a pair of boots that don't fit.
I thought maybe I could go to a Shoe Repair Technician and get them stretched out, but I don't think it would work and that would be an absolute last resort.
Any Ideas??

You know...I have this same problem with condoms :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

THAT'S IT!!!.. Their perfect. I ordered them today and I can't wait to wear them to Bike Night.

Hey Ruggy

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ratsalad said:

THAT'S IT!!!.. Their perfect. I ordered them today and I can't wait to wear them to Bike Night.

Hey Ruggy
See, that's why I like this Forum, lots of great information and eager members quick to help out a friend in need:D

·
Squid
813 Posts
You might need to modify your shift lever a tad bit :D At least you don't have to worry about frame sliders or draggen peg with them boats :D

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Ok, so all kidding aside, what's out there for those of us restricted to using New Balance for our daily shoes when it comes to motorcycling ankle protection?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I wear a 12 3E, or a 13E, but, I fit perfectly into Alpine stars SMX boots. They took about a day of wearing to stretch, but after that, they fit absolutely perfectly. I forget what size I have, and I don't have the boots near me at the moment, so I can't check.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Check up on Danner boots I am sure they are on the 'net. I have a 10.5 D width & they made the 'Fort Lewis' boot to that size. True it is not a racing boot, but was built for jumpers in the Armed forces. In fact of all the gear a certain Rec Brigrade in France wear, even with some of the best boot makers in Italy, Switzerland, Germany & France, they only used one American product being the Danner 'Fort Lewis' boot.
Some of the climbing boot people come out with a well protected high ankle sneakers for light mountaineering. I have a set made by Hi-Tec & this was the lst called 50 Peaks as they were tested by one climber that went up 50 peaks to pass them off as being satisfactory. Believe it has been named differently since, but it is made so well that I have woren it for past 7 yrs. Yes it has a LOT of protection & padding around the ankle area.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Thanks much Kevlar and Smitty. After doing extensive research, there's not really much info out there on wide sizes, and none of the local dealers carry anything.

At least when making a haul up to Chitown I'll have a direction to head for products. And boots are next on my list of proper wear.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Try making a call to Danner for they will build to any width & your size might be in their stock Thing is lst take a look at the Danner line THEN decided if you want them. It might not be in the store that carries Danner, but you can be measured & the order can be placed, bringing it in very shortly.
Like when I went to the store carrying Danner they did not even have that model ( I knew a lot about it along with tests done by SOF people). All boots of any Danner in their shop were E to EEE & I wanted D width which arrived in less then a week from USA to Cdn.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the most hard to satisfy feet and they're wide. I've recently had knee replacements on both knees so the right shoes make all the difference. My uncle suggested I try Orthofeet shoes after he had great success with them. So i did. I am very, very happy with these shoes!!! Now I'm looking for some cool summer shoes to wear on my cruise! Any suggestions?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts