Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I was out yesterday just banging around town and I tried to bring it up in second gear. First gear works great, on/off/on the throttle and it comes right up. In second gear, I tried the on/off/on and I got a POP and the front wheel stayed glued to the road. I tried it again and the same thing. I took it up to 6 grand the first time and 7 grand the second time. Any ideas on what the deal is? I have to take the bike back to the dealer soon because I have oil leaking all over the place. I am fairly certain that the oil was just over-filled from the 600 mile service, but I would like him to check this backfire problem. Any suggestions? Bike is completely stock except for the 180 D207zr (still deciding if I like it or not).

Thanks.

sean
'98 TLS

------------------

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
a pop like the chain jumping the sprockets? or a pop like a back fire, as in a fuel injection bobble, or bad gas, or bad plug, or...? just some ideas, not enough info me to take any real shot at it.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A pop like a back fire. I know that is what it was. I have friends who do second and even third gear wheelies with no clutch and mine just backfires. I wouldn't think it would be bad gas or bad plugs, because in first gear, it accelerates cleanly. For some reason, second gear just backfires. I was just looking for some thoughts on why it would do that.

------------------

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
duh, should have read the heading...

i'm assuming you pulled the plugs and they are good and f.i. is mixing air and gas just right.

so now i'm clueless.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts