Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Micheal and I went to the local Mt. for some good twisties this morning and only I came back down. I dont know if i should post this but i am still really shaken up and thought i could get this off me chest. Plus maybe this has happened to some of you and you could help me deal with this. We had a great run up the Mt. and had turned around to head back down. Michael was in front of me going pretty fast, about 85 in some tight stuff. All of a sudden he lost it and low sided the bike and slide in to the side of the Mt. I was right behind him!!! I wont go in the really bad details but i dont think i can ever ride again after watching this happen right in front of me. He was my best friend and we worked together. I dont want to scare any of you but i just spent the morning w/ his wife calling everyone telling them that he had died. I pray that each and everyone of you wont ever have to go through this. Please be safe and never NEVER ride above your abilitys.

Be Safe and God bless

------------------
Mike

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm terribly sorry for your loss of a friend. I wish everyone close to him the very best in dealing with this tragedy.

------------------

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mike-

That's terrible news. I'm very sorry to hear that. My sincerest condolences to you and Micheal's family. I'm sure he will be missed greatly.

I don't really know what to say...

'cane

------------------

[This message has been edited by Hurricane (edited August 06, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Hurricane (edited August 06, 2000).]

·
Registered
22 Posts
I will keep you and Michael's family in my prayers. I hope you can remember the good times you had. Words fail me for what I am feeling right now.

------------------
It went...Earth Sky Earth Sky Earth Ambulance.
Crusty

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am very sorry to hear about this terrible loss his family, you(and the rest of the motorcycle community)have suffered. I hope everyone will keep you and the others invloved in their thoughts, I know I will.

Kyle S.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Netshark (edited August 06, 2000).]

·
Registered
873 Posts
Mike,

Ive been there. Lost 2 on the same day. One was a VERY good friend. There arnt many words i can say to even begin to explain what this is like, but these are the things that we face. I have so many good memories and that is all that matters.

I hope that after a bit of the shock wears off that you realize that your friend loved to ride and he probably wouldnt want you to stop on account of him. Ultimately though, it WILL be your decision.

This is what got me through my experience 6 years ago.

Dont be a stranger, and if you want to go on a ride im sure Will and I would be more than happy to ride down to Tucson.

------------------
Fear Green.

[This message has been edited by GreenNinja (edited August 06, 2000).]

·
Registered
549 Posts
Mike,

Like others, words escape me to a certain extent. What you experienced today is my worst fear, especially since my riding buddy is my best friend and husband. Know you are in the foremost of my thoughts and heart right now and I wish you and Michael's family the best.

I'm so sorry, Mike.

------------------
Stacia
Co-Admin
'00 CBR F4 (the faster, silver/red model)
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mike,

i dont know what to say....words defeat me.... i am real sorry to hear this tragic news. :(

michael seemed like a real nice guy and this is devastating news for everyone here at sportbikeworld.com losing a member. my prayers are with his family and you.

we are all here for you. i am sure that writing about it, you got some off your chest.

i just dont know what more to say.... :( :(

-----------
arif

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mike,

i hate to bring it up at this time, but was michael wearing protective gear when he went down?

i totally understand if you dont want to discuss the accident at this time, but it could save someone from repeating michaels mistake.

be strong buddy...

----------
arif

·
Registered
43 Posts
I, too, and sorry for your loss and the loss of your friends and their families. It happens all too often, but it happens.

Please, if you feel like it, continue to ride, and use the skills you have worked so hard to learn, to educate others, so they don't suffer the same fate.

My condolences.

------------------
"After all, we ARE professionals, here."

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Mike,

I'm sure that there are no words that will make this any easier. Hang in there. Laura and I will keep Michael and his family in our prayers. I am truly sorry my friend.

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sorry to hear it. This is happening way to often. Hopefully, by your posting, someone will read it and think twice next time they are out. I know I will.

------------------
That don't fix it? Get a bigger Hammer
1993 GSXR 1100

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To let everyone know michael was wearing a helmet, boots, jeans, and long sleaves. However nothing that he could have been wearing would have saved his life. He hit the Mt so hard that it didnt matter what he had. Thank each and everyone of you for your thoughts and prayers. I will pray for you guys as a group that you will all be safe. This is such an eye opener.

------------------
Mike

·
Registered
380 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend! My prayers are with you and his family!

------------------
Ride the Pace,
JD

·
Registered
1 Posts
Went for an early am ride this morning, saw some great sites, made it home in one piece.....thanked the man upstairs..spent the rest with my beautiful wife....
My thoughts are with you, and with the family.....

------------------

P

·
0 Posts
Mike, please forgive my inability to say the right things at this time of your tragic loss. Just know that you and Michael's family and friends will be in our prayers.

------------------
Pete
"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of
age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that,
deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."

·
Registered
83 Posts
I know it is repetitive but my families prayers are with you and mikes family. Words can't express the lost that you have and to see it makes it that much harder. I pray that Gods strength is there for you and yours. Again I am very sorry for the loss.

------------------
95% of Harley Davidsons are still on the road today,
5% actually made it home!

Bryon Hart
Ocala, Fl
95 ZX-7

·
Registered
70 Posts
I dont know what to say, I was on Mt. Lemmon this afternoon. Please know that my prayers go out to you and his wife and I will see you tomorrow. If there is anything I can do let me know. Again I am very sorry.

------------------
If ya smmmmeeeeeellll what The Rock, is cookin'??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident. My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family.

------------------
Dave

600 Bandit

·
Registered
8 Posts
My condolences to you and his family. I am sory to hear about your loss. My prayers are with you.

------------------

[This message has been edited by LateSleeper (edited August 07, 2000).]

1 - 20 of 50 Posts