263 Posts
I seen that in Cycle world (i think) very nice. :D

------------------
Kyle M. m/16 Noblesville,IN

"Big Dick's HARDCORE Road Racing School, where we drag more than our knees."

·
Squid
813 Posts
At first take I was like Damn, it looks like an ethiopian R1, but after reading the artical I really can't knock Yamaha. How could you. Different strokes for different folks, right.

------------------
John

http://www.sendmoreinfo.com/id/1144987
"I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart" - e.e. cummings

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I like it. It's a good compromise of performance and comfort. ~~I know, Im getting old :(

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

·
Registered
367 Posts
It's on the cover of Cycle World and it looks awesome. Of course, you have to like inexpensive, naked, fast bikes.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
39 speeding tickets and now I have a V1.

·
Registered
192 Posts
So who doesn't like inexpensive, fast (enough), naked sportbikes? ;) That is the reason for the ZRX1100. ZR-7 and the like. The new Fazer does sound tasty...

------------------
Richard M. Poniarski
'00 Kawasaki ZR-7
AMA #674623
NY S666C
ZR7OA #3

·
Registered
367 Posts
Of the new model naked bikes, I think that it'll be the fastest of the bunch. I also like the fact that it has water cooling, a feature the Bandit 1200S could use. My personal opinion, of course. It's just too hot down here for air-cooled bikes.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600

·
Registered
192 Posts
I don't know how it is in Texas, but on Long Island we can get a lot of heat and humidity in the summer (though this year was cooler than most), not to mention a heck of a lot of stop and go traffic. My ZR is aircooled and it hasn't been a problem at all. Actually it sometimes seems like less heat is coming up from the engine than on my old liquid cooled EX500...though it may only be my imagination.

------------------
Richard M. Poniarski
'00 Kawasaki ZR-7
AMA #674623
NY S666C
ZR7OA #3

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
I always liked the original 600cc Fazer
(Don't think that it's available in the US)
so I'd have to say I do like this bike too.

------------------
"If you spent more time worrying about you I wouldn't have to."

·
Registered
367 Posts
I rode my air cooled bike to Phoenix, a couple of months ago, and the heat was just too much for the bike in the city traffic. I was having problems shifting and the bike was making much more ticking noises than usual. As soon as I got about 100 miles away and to a cooler climate the bike ran fine. A naked bike runs much cooler than the faired bikes. The '01 naked bikes are sweet!

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, Yamaha is bringing the Fazer to the U.S.
Any takers? I'm mildly interested, But I have to see it in person. The weight gain due to the tube frame/etc. turns me off a bit- shouldn't a "naked" bike weigh less than the donor bike?

------------------
'98 Superhawk

·
Registered
367 Posts
Naked bikes are starting to look so much better than the full fairing bikes. Their insurance is less and there's no plastic to replace when it falls over. Too bad that I like the top speed of the full fairing bikes. Why are they so far off from each other? I really like top speed :D

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yamaha now has the full specs on their website. Looks like the FZ is carrying around about 73 pounds more than the R1! That tube frame must be solid steel!

------------------
'98 Superhawk

·
Registered
192 Posts
Tube frame? I thought it was an aluminum one? Live and learn...Anyway, even with the additional weight it is a good value and probably will perform well. I just picked up my ZR, so I'm not looking this year or even in 2001. Now 2002 may be another story! ;)

------------------
Richard M. Poniarski
'00 Kawasaki ZR750F2, a.k.a. ZR-7
AMA #674623
NY S666C
ZR7OA #3

1 - 14 of 14 Posts