Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... I'd be appreciative of some advice on learning to stoppie on a 250. How do I manage it without ending in a face plant?? Thx!:huh:

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
If he doesn't answer in here, PM chris_y2k_r1, I think he learned to stunt on a 250. :2cents:

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Hello and Welcome.

Ex 250's are a little tough to do stoppies on because of a couple of things. The brakes are a little on the soft side and good tire compounds for the 250 are hard to come by. None the less it can be done.

First of all you need to set your tire pressure at about 30psi cold. This is still good for riding/cornering but will help give you grip for the stoppies. Start small!! Find a nice stretch of road that is paved with nice black sticky tarmac. And make sure it has little to no traffic. You also want the ambient temperature to be at or above 70f. Come in at about 25~30 MPH, apply hard consistent brake pressure until you feel the suspension bottom out (IE Fully compress the forks using the front brakes) then, just apply a little more pressure and the back will come up. At this point, it's all about metering the front brake. More brake will bring the rear up higher, less or no brake will drop the rear wheel. Just take your time and learn slow. It takes time to develop a feel for when the rear is lifting since you can't see it. It would help alot if you have a friend there to video tape it so you can see what's happening. Many times when you are first trying, the rear wheel is actually lifting off the ground but you can't tell.

Hope that helps and be careful!

ChR1s

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the details! That really makes it clear. (Lol...we'll see just how clear after I try it out...) ;) Since it needs to be a bit warm out, I'll have to wait as don't usually get 70+, or even 65+ temperatures until June.

I appreciate the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts