Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can you help me?

I just hit 23,000 miles and have a few questions pertaining to maintenance. Thanks to those of you who can help...

-Bike's never had a valve adjustment. Is one overdue? What's the going rate for a job like that?

-With frequent oil changes, spark plug changes, air filter replacement, etc..just how long will my baby run? Should i consider selling it?

-I tend to get some scary headshake on hard acceleration in 1st gear. Is this because of unequal fork pressure, 16 inch wheel syndrome, or am i leaning back too much?

-If i did have to sell her, what should i be able to get for her? I would immediately get another bike of course. This is my second CBR900. Great bike!

As far as bike/rider history, i FREQUENTLY accelerate hard, bike is immaculately clean, no stoppies, lots of wheelies, commuter bike as well as twisties lover.

Thanks again guys/gals/undecided

·
Registered
6 Posts
I read in a motomag a few years ago about some dude with over 200,000 miles on his CBR900, so no, I don't think you need to worry about putting miles on it. Just stay on top of the maintenance, as you have been.

Can't comment on your other questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts