Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Us motonutz here at Motorcycle.com are, on occasion, prone to do or see things a little different than the rest of the wackos. Some would even say the inmates are running the asylum around here. Okay, you got us. We see the two-wheel world differently most every day.

This time we decided to create a new category of sportbikes. These machines aren't especially unusual in any way, but they don't fit the standard definition of their class in the strictest sense. Just when you thought it was safe to come out from behind your favorite dyno chart … It's time for another "literbike" war.

Behold! The Oddball Literbike Comparo! (Insert sound of thundering authoritative voice, or calliope music.)

We assembled three machines that go beyond the class-typical 998 or 999 cubic centimeters summed up from four cylinders, all sitting nicely in a row.

More: 2008 Oddball Literbikes Comparison: Benelli Tornado Tre 1130 vs. Buell 1125R vs. Ducati 1098S on Motorcycle.com

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Is the Buell really that hideous? I hope it doesn't rub any of that off on the Duc.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
I'm definitely one of those "loser friends" who'd want to touch a 1098 :drool: I like the Benelli too :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
The fans in the tail of that benelli are sick. I'm impressed with the looks of it. And the 1098 is most certainly a thing of beauty. The dealership had 2 of them yesterday, one red one yellow. I started getting giddy, I'll admit it.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Is that sick as in cool or sick as in :loser: I think they're novel but not sure if I love them or hate them; its one or the other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts