Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.americancarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2050921.002/page/1/lang/eng/chevrolet/1.html

Power plant options.

4.8L iron block (RPO LY2), rated at 290 horsepower (216 kw)*
5.3L iron block (RPO LY5) with Displacement On Demand technology, rated at 320 horsepower (238 kw)* (including E85-capable version – RPO LMG)
5.3L aluminum block (RPO LC9) with Displacement On Demand technology and E85 capability, rated at 320 horsepower (238 kw)*
6.0L iron block (LY6) heavy-duty engine with variable valve timing, rated at 350 horsepower (260 kw)*
6.0L aluminum block (L76) with Displacement On Demand technology and variable valve timing, rated at 355 horsepower (264 kw)*
6.2L aluminum block (L92) with variable valve timing, capable of 380 and 400 horsepower (283 kw to 298 kw)*

The 6.2L will be mated to a new 6 speed transmission.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looks hideous? Why does GM love the trailblazer front end so much? Have you seen their minivan:barf: I hope that's not their final vehicle. That is just terrible.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I tell you what!!!

Since I am in the car business and I have seen this truck and spec's on it. It is going to be the Shiznit. The new Yukon looks even better!!!!

Pete

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
motownflip said:
Looks hideous? Why does GM love the trailblazer front end so much? Have you seen their minivan:barf: I hope that's not their final vehicle. That is just terrible.
God how can you say that? I think it looks great myself.

With they 5.3L with DOD, they are saying approx 25 mpg highway, 20.5 average.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
kawigirl_636 said:
Hmm.......my lease will be up by then! ;) Have to check that out!

Jen
I was thinkin the same thing. :thumb: :D

J

·
0 Posts
Bluto said:
God how can you say that? I think it looks great myself.

With they 5.3L with DOD, they are saying approx 25 mpg highway, 20.5 average.

Riiiight, and the normal person drives how much in the city opposed to the highway?

DOD if it's the same type of system Chrysler has, really only works on the highway...

So, what you have is a low power motor in a big fat pig of a truck... Less power, more weight = more throttle to move it...

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jackdrinker said:

So, what you have is a low power motor in a big fat pig of a truck... Less power, more weight = more throttle to move it...
You have a 320hp motor in a big fat pig of a truck that seemlessly switches displacement on and off when you need it. Light to light in the city yeah you won't get the mileage...but on average you'll get better mileage. Nothing wrong with that...as long as it works well. If you are talking about the normal person going back and forth to work in traffic...then yeah...but why would you buy a 6000lb, 320hp (or more) truck just to idle to work in the morning? BAR CAR BAR CAR BAR CAR. :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
jjkGURU said:
i do design work on all the new trucks/suv's, and let me tell you the caddy is awesome lookin!
350 hp means bigger vanity mirrors so all the soccer moms can floor it from light to light while applying their "face" wishing they had their grand am back but happy that they can fit a thousand kids in there on the way to chuckie cheese. While still never knowing how to engage the 4wd for the duration of there LEASE..

Also why do the engine upgrades go in 5 hp intervals..Whats the fukkin point..:D

Wrong quote and i dont feel like fixin it..:twofinger

·
Registered
312 Posts
Looks good but it's still a Chevy. In other words, piece of shit, and don't get mad 'cause I own a Chevy that I got when I married. This is why American auto manufacturers are loosing money. They build substandard products compared to Japanese, Germans, etc. and don't really give a damn about fuel economy. 20 MPG! Wow, big freakin deal.

·
Registered
963 Posts
jjkGURU said:
i do design work on all the new trucks/suv's, and let me tell you the caddy is awesome lookin!
Interesting.. I am the Carpet and Acoustic DRE on the new Pickups coming out... And your right.. The new Caddys are bad ass...

What parts do you own?

·
Registered
109 Posts
FurryChoCha said:
Interesting.. I am the Carpet and Acoustic DRE on the new Pickups coming out... And your right.. The new Caddys are bad ass...

What parts do you own?
Hey Chocha, I got your body in white right here.......:twofinger
yeah, and the Caddy looks bad a$$, but my saturn gets 32-36 MPG........hahahahahah

1 - 20 of 41 Posts