1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
all i can say is.....damn that thing is small

·
Registered
675 Posts
I am sure it will stay together... Yamaha like every other brand does their homework. Love to hear a Leo Vince on that one!

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Ok, I'm abit confused. The engine revs to 17k, but peak power is at 14k. So why have 3k worth of over rev? seems pointless doesnt it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Vash said:
Ok, I'm abit confused. The engine revs to 17k, but peak power is at 14k. So why have 3k worth of over rev? seems pointless doesnt it?
I would think you'd want a little run-off room so that you're not bouncing off the rev limiter every time you wanted to experience full juice.

BTW Vash, this is most likely my next bike. I want to experience the exact opposite of what I have now. This should be it. ;)

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Most manufacturers set the over rev to about 1k for that very reason, however 3k seems excessive.

Especially since, it should be possible to play around with the cams and move the peak torque further up the RPM band which would result in more peak power. Of course, when you are dealing with such insane speeds, they might be running into issues of linear valve speed.

Still an awsome bike dago, I doubt you'll regret it. I'm interested to see how you'll compare the two.

·
Registered
675 Posts
when you add engine and exhaust mod's I know it can shift you peak power but to experience a peak power north of 15K is a bit out of touch.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts