Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
ryan1217 said:
well yea thats a given ....
:confused: oh, well on the bright side, you will save money, since closed casket funerals rarely require a suit...

·
Registered
35 Posts
so i guess we are assuming he has no experience? Coulda asked b4 mentioning his damn closed casket funeral...lol But yeah if this is your first bike dont get it please.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I didn't assume his experience, I just said, if he had none, he was going to die. Well maybe not die, but probably get hurt.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I dont have any advice on the R1 but I have driven the 06 CBR1000 and the 06 gixxer 1000. The gixxer 1000 has a little more power. The honda seems to have a dead spot at full throttle like its getting too much fuel. The Honda is a little more comfortable to me but I already own a Honda so that might have something to do with it. The guy who owns the gixxer rode the Honda and he said it made his wrists a little sore after about 45 minutes of riding. I for one would buy the Gixxer if I were to get a 06 bike.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
So what you are saying is that not only the gixxer being the best bike ever made, by suzuki might actually have trouble building an equal? Like there is some chance that the K7 wont catch it?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
YZFr6-TX said:
Check out the 07 R1. Case closed..
Yeah, its pimp. But there is also a new gixxer to be debut soon, and I'm sure kawi and honda will come out with something even faster next year....

Hell, even ducati is coming out with something in the 180hp range for under $20k....

·
Registered
699 Posts
Vash, it's good to hear from you again. It's been a while. I'm sure Kawi and Suzuki have something up their sleeves. But can you believe the electronic adjustable stacks on the 07 r1 intake.? ECU controlled throttle and slipper clutch?I have not personally seen the horse power number for the new R1. I am guessing still in the range of 180. Anyway, we'll see soon enough.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
its 180 w/o ram air, 189 with it... which should put it above anyone else, at least for a short sweet moment.

The stacks arent really adjustable, but rather switchable, and can be in one of 2 settings. Its the same thing mv agusta did with the f4 a few years ago. slipper clutch is becoming a standard item nowdays (which makes me very happy). so its the same old case of one upping the other guys...

but you know what, for my money I'd rather have 20 less hp and see some traction control.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
yes yes, the other part of the story is rider skill, and yet another is consumer loyalty...

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I believe gixxer is offering that pseudo-traction control next year, sort of like factory PC with three switchable settings, sport, normal, wet. It just means things to come, may be we'll get traction control before 2010.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Z_Fanatic said:
I believe gixxer is offering that pseudo-traction control next year, sort of like factory PC with three switchable settings, sport, normal, wet. It just means things to come, may be we'll get traction control before 2010.
Its nice, but its not traction control. They allow different power delievery settings, like the systems found on race bikes. However a true traction control system will have to be a closed loop, with some sensor monitoring wheel spin (ussually done by comparing the speeds of the front and rear wheel) and then adjusting power/brakes accordingly.

p.s. BMW is threatening a form of traction control for the front wheel, as in ABS that works while the bike is leaned over, not just braking in a steight line..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Vash said:
its 180 w/o ram air, 189 with it... which should put it above anyone else, at least for a short sweet moment.

The stacks arent really adjustable, but rather switchable, and can be in one of 2 settings. Its the same thing mv agusta did with the f4 a few years ago. slipper clutch is becoming a standard item nowdays (which makes me very happy). so its the same old case of one upping the other guys...

but you know what, for my money I'd rather have 20 less hp and see some traction control.
I seen that the claimed horsepower is only up 5 from last year, but man does it look a lot better!
R1

1 - 20 of 22 Posts