Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could tell Triumph what to update on an existing model, or what new bike to release, what would it be? One bike only...

Personally, I'd like to see the Daytona 955 get a major update. That would include serious weight loss (40 lbs), more power throughout the range (not just on top), state-of-the-art suspension, and freshened up styling.

Basically make it fairly competitive with the Jap sportbikes on specs (it's OK to lose by a little bit on everything) but have it be the most comfortable and friendly for street riding (not a focused track tool). An everyday, all-day sportbike if you will.

- Garry

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I'd like to see the Trophey redone. Shaft drive, more horsepower, and some killer color. I'd like them to have some nice passenger room as well!

·
Registered
505 Posts
I would like the Trophy redone,shaft or belt please,and make sure it doesn't cook your legs like my 97 1200 did.Needs a range of at least 230 miles before reserve and make the saddel bags standard,a top case optional.Also include a good charging system ,with a couple of standard plugs and DUAL trip meters.(something it didn't have but my S3 Does?:rolleyes: )Don't make it too frigging heavy and if you want to use the 3 cyl engine All the better.AND NO ABS OR LINKED BRAKES,I know how to stop.:2cents:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's two votes for a new Trophy. What about the Sprint ST, aside from chain drive, makes you want a Trophy over the ST? The ST comes with hard luggage (free), has a fair amount of grunt, relatively light. Ergos perhaps? Big honking motor for gobs of torque? Would a Rocket 3-based touring bike be interesting?

- Garry

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
The Sprint is moto perfection, IMO. I love my bike. Don't touch a damn thing............well.........no, I won't say it...............:D

·
Registered
505 Posts
fluxpuppy said:
That's two votes for a new Trophy. What about the Sprint ST, aside from chain drive, makes you want a Trophy over the ST? The ST comes with hard luggage (free), has a fair amount of grunt, relatively light. Ergos perhaps? Big honking motor for gobs of torque? Would a Rocket 3-based touring bike be interesting?

- Garry
having ridden both the Sprint is more sport ,and the trophy is more tour,i am looking for a big distance St,I like the sprint but for 6'1" me it isn't as good as the trophy was on long rides.the windshield on the trophy needed work too as I was never able to get the turbulance down to an acceptable level.i would have to see a rocket 3 in person.It seems a big heavy bike .

·
Registered
88 Posts
i want standard bars on my speed four, the bars the speed triple comes with,

and the normal cover for the back of the speedometer, also like the speed triple, instead of they flyscreen

·
Registered
925 Posts
I`d like to see them get better customer service :thumb: I honestly like triumphs, but knowing that theres not really any competant dealers near by (some are better than others, but still) is the only thing that REALLY drives me away.

·
Registered
88 Posts
yeah, i forgot about that, burn triumph/bmw of pittsburgh to the ground and start again, and i'd think about buying another triumph someday, but for my futures, i'm only seeing a few suzukis

·
Registered
88 Posts
yeah, i definately would like my bike a lot more if it was a triple, i like it either way, but they should've done that in the first place,

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tt_four said:
yeah, i forgot about that, burn triumph/bmw of pittsburgh to the ground and start again, and i'd think about buying another triumph someday, but for my futures, i'm only seeing a few suzukis
What exactly is so bad about Triumph of Pittsburgh? I know you're not the first person in the area to bitch about them, but I have no complaints with the service, parts or how I've been treated there.

·
Registered
505 Posts
fluxpuppy said:
What exactly is so bad about Triumph of Pittsburgh? I know you're not the first person in the area to bitch about them, but I have no complaints with the service, parts or how I've been treated there.
Ditto here,they treated me very well and did everything I wanted and expected right the first time.All in all A good shop experiance.
I have had much more trouble with all the local Kawa shops.:2cents:

·
Registered
88 Posts
they stopped being nice to me as soon as they had my check in their hand,

i've taken my bike back for the same stupid small problems, that any bike mechanic should be able to fix, but they haven't been able to, i've had my bike back about 4 or 5 times, had a couple days where i've spent about 3 hours just sitting in their show room while they messed with my bike and never fixed it,

i can't even drop my bike off and pick it back up later, because the one time i did that, i left my bike there for about 3 days, when i came back, even later than they told me to, they hadn't even touched my bike,

i've listened to the bmw sales kid badmouth triumph to the people that come in who ride bmws, so if you think they have any respect for you, i'm telling you they think nothinog more of us that "people who can't afford bmws", triumph is supposedly just the cheap alternative to bmw's, as if i'd ever ride a bmw,

i've caught them lying to me numberous times, i'll have the owner come out and tell me the problems with my bike are all my fault, and they're not gonna fix them, and make this huge deal out of it, then as i'm sitting there, the mechanic comes out and tells me there's definately something wrong with my bike and he can't figure it out, they just have no respect for me at all, and i guess i shouldn't expect respect from anyone who rides/drives a bmw, when my bike is apperantly a cheao alternative, but you figure if you're gonna give them $8000, they could atleast pretend, it would take a miracle from them to make me ever have a thought about buying a bike from them again, i've always loved triumphs, but unfortunatly it took the triumph dealership to turn me off from them, i would ride all the way down to winber to have my bike fixed before i payed bmw of pittsburgh to do it, but i guess it doesn't matter anyway, he only opened the store so he could start selling bmw cars, and once that gets off the ground, they're not gonna be the local triumph dealership anymore aynway, and i won't have to worry about them,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts