Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Somewhat surprised, but not entirely disappointed. I was hoping to see the FZ1 get the R1 exhaust treatment, brining it inline with the FZ6 (which I own). The R6 is a beauty, and the all black paint schemes that all the big makers are seeming to use this year are pretty slick. Probably not great for visibility, but they just look so bad-ass. I personally would go for the all black R1. Feeling like a liter bike is in my future.

·
Registered
251 Posts
the r1 exhaust would be soooo sweet on the r6! but by the time that happens im sure i will have an r1 by them

·
Registered
14 Posts
The chasis is much stronger, the front tire is up to a 70 instead of a 60, the cams were enlarged, the throttle bodies are up frop 38 to 40, headlights were modified to be brighter. thats all i can think of that was left out

·
Registered
13 Posts
Every 2 years they do small revisions and every 4th year is a complete redesign. It's one of the greatest things about sportbikes, in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
That's not entirely true, that sort of routine was only used for R6 so far. It really depends on the manufacture's whim, competitions, tech/engineering available, capitals, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts