Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I would like to say I am 25 years old, 6'3", 185lbs.

I am looking to get a new FZ6 and like the looks of the 2005 Blue FZ6 better then the new 2006 models. But does anybody know if the 2006 models are significantly different? all I see is a little weight reduction of about 13 lbs and they made the engine painted black on the 2006 models..

also if anybody has this bike and could comment on how they like it that would be very helpful. I am coming from a sportbike background having owned cbrs, gsxrs, 600r's, etc... but I don't want something that is so bent over riding style anymore, it's just too uncomfortable for me... plus I want to take a passenger with me more often now..

lastly, can anybody comment on how this bike is with riding a passenger that weighs about 150lbs, all my past sportbikes were not much fun with a passenger on the back, very uncomfortable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also I was wondering what you guys think is a good deal on a 2005 FZ6 still brand new at the dealer? The bike retailed at $6,600 at the beginning of 2005, now the dealer said he can give me the bike for $6K. But I don't know if that's a great price being the bike is almost a year old now, and also I don't know what other fees are involved with buying a new bike from a dealer...

what do you think I should try to get the price down too? not sure of the markup on these bikes... and I don't want to try to offer something ridiculously low that the dealer can't possibly do..

·
Registered
376 Posts
i found in my bike-buying experience that the dealers are not nearly as negotiable as car dealers. i half expected them to be, but it's a little different. plus there's a lot of dealer assembly/freight fees too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Get the 2005

I think they look better than the 06 also. I paid around 5800 from honda east (see cycletrader.com) back in July, no regrets I love it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I was actually looking for an 05 FZ6, but they were swept out of the dealership just as soon as they came in. Popular bike, apparently. I heard that everything about the bike is great, but the seat is very stiff. Good luck with it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought an '05 Blue in November for 6K even. That is a good deal. I still paid dealer set up/freight... but 6K on the bike. I was very pleased. There is no mech dif b/w the 05 & 06.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts