Sportbike World banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,474 Posts
Although g17s situation is rare and his suggestion for the most part are insane he isn't totally off base. :eek: You should be fine on that bike as long as you take your time and learn at your own pace. Like he said, respect it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Wow this post is old. Well I didn't get the ZZR. As much as I wanted too, I couldn't finance it,even with $6800 down(no credit). but I ened up walking out with a slightly used 2004 Honda CBR600f4i. It's a nice bike and I don't regret going with a 600cc. As a matter of fact, I think I would have regreted gettijg anything smaller.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
It wasn't my first bike per say. I had a little 150cc for about 3-4 months which I think helped a lot with the learning curve. I think a 600 is perfectly fine to start with IF you have basic throttle control, braking, and turning skills. I've had some close calls but those were due to me being stupid and taking unnessesary risks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
I have riden some honda 110 cc's for a while now. Off roads mainly, but on roads too. It has helped me understand the throttle and how turning and throttle need to be put together to be successfull.

Hope this helps me for later. I am glad you like your honda, as thats what my friend is looking into!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
I find this amusing...

Smith said:


I think I will get this bike and just be careful. I'm not completely new to motorcycles so I think I can handle it if I be as mature as possible when riding.
smith said:
It wasn't my first bike per say. I had a little 150cc for about 3-4 months which I think helped a lot with the learning curve. I think a 600 is perfectly fine to start with IF you have basic throttle control, braking, and turning skills. I've had some close calls but those were due to me being stupid and taking unnessesary risks.
:twofinger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
No seriously though, you sound EXACTLY like me last summer.

Below is the outcome. History repeats itself so be careful, and wear a helm cause it probably saved my life.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Smith said:
Wow this post is old. Well I didn't get the ZZR. As much as I wanted too, I couldn't finance it,even with $6800 down(no credit). but I ened up walking out with a slightly used 2004 Honda CBR600f4i. It's a nice bike and I don't regret going with a 600cc. As a matter of fact, I think I would have regreted gettijg anything smaller.
Couldn't finance it? Why, the OTD price should've been nearly that. The MSRP is $7299, but just about anyone who's bought one has said the OTD is $7300 or less. Oh well. Glad you're doing ok so far. Really take it easy and respect that throttle!

I've riden my ZZR600 for 18 months and 12k+ miles now and I still get surprised at the power the 600 has. I just can't see buying a liter bike anytime soon (or ever). Just my :2cents:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,400 Posts
I have decided that from now on, if anyone asks about a bike for themself as basically a beginner, I will simply ignore them. On other boards as well, for once a person comes on with the idea of a sportbike they end up getting a sportbike no matter what & some of them go simply nutty like buying a '06 1000.
 

·
Strength and Honor
Joined
·
6,143 Posts
Smitty said:
I have decided that from now on, if anyone asks about a bike for themself as basically a beginner, I will simply ignore them. On other boards as well, for once a person comes on with the idea of a sportbike they end up getting a sportbike no matter what & some of them go simply nutty like buying a '06 1000.
This has generally been my take as well. But occassionally a thread seems like they might actually have a logical bone in their body and might consider an alternate option than the one they came in with. Remember, when responding you're not really just responding to the OP (original poster) but also to the numerous others who are lurking as anonymous users. History shows there are more than a few of those and I suspect they tend to be the research-minded types who we do want to influence if at all possible. :2cents:
 

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
Joined
·
6,322 Posts
kanwisch said:
** snip snip** Remember, when responding you're not really just responding to the OP (original poster) but also to the numerous others who are lurking as anonymous users. History shows there are more than a few of those and I suspect they tend to be the research-minded types who we do want to influence if at all possible. :2cents:
ditto on those thoughts :thumb:

E.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Penthos said:
Couldn't finance it? Why, the OTD price should've been nearly that. The MSRP is $7299, but just about anyone who's bought one has said the OTD is $7300 or less. Oh well. Glad you're doing ok so far. Really take it easy and respect that throttle!

I've riden my ZZR600 for 18 months and 12k+ miles now and I still get surprised at the power the 600 has. I just can't see buying a liter bike anytime soon (or ever). Just my :2cents:
I went to the stealership, so I couldn't talk them down to $6800(all the money I had). If I didn't buy it for $7300, they knew someone else would. I've only had my bike for 10 months, but I've managed to pack on 12k+ miles myself. A literbike is the next thing on my agenda!!!:twofinger

:drool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Smith said:
I went to the stealership, so I couldn't talk them down to $6800(all the money I had). If I didn't buy it for $7300, they knew someone else would. I've only had my bike for 10 months, but I've managed to pack on 12k+ miles myself. A literbike is the next thing on my agenda!!!:twofinger
Yeah, some dealerships aren't willing to budge (more power to them!). There weren't any other dealerships around that had any in stock? Well, the F4i is a fine bike, so good you got something.

I live here in the snow region (Michigan) so I can't rack up the miles quite the way you guys in Floriday can! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
658 Posts
Penthos said:
Couldn't finance it? Why, the OTD price should've been nearly that. The MSRP is $7299, but just about anyone who's bought one has said the OTD is $7300 or less. Oh well. Glad you're doing ok so far. Really take it easy and respect that throttle!

I've riden my ZZR600 for 18 months and 12k+ miles now and I still get surprised at the power the 600 has. I just can't see buying a liter bike anytime soon (or ever). Just my :2cents:
I paid $6430 out the door for mine in 7/05. Definitely not a starter bike, but it looks as if Smith has done fine with the F4i and 12k miles.
 
41 - 58 of 58 Posts
Top