Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for something used in the 3 to 4 grand range and can't find anything at all in my area. In the cycle trader I saw an ad for 04 600 katanas. They are asking $5300 new at a dealer. What kind of performance would one of these offer? I'm only new to sportbikes not riding.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
600 Katana

$5300 would be a really good deal for a brand new 600 Katana, as the MSRP is $6299.

In terms of performance, although not cutting edge, it's still respectable. The engine is derived from the original air/oil cooled GSXR 600/750 motor. Puts down about 70-72 rear wheel horsepower. Enough to get it through the quarter mile in the high 11's to low 12's, and push it to a top speed of about 135.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Re: 600 Katana

zxrider said:
$5300 would be a really good deal for a brand new 600 Katana, as the MSRP is $6299.

In terms of performance, although not cutting edge, it's still respectable. The engine is derived from the original air/oil cooled GSXR 600/750 motor. Puts down about 70-72 rear wheel horsepower. Enough to get it through the quarter mile in the high 11's to low 12's, and push it to a top speed of about 135.

Wow, that was a very intelligent and informed response. Good job bro:thumbs2:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So i guess it would be a pretty good starter sport bike. I just also was told my buddy has a 91 600 katana he'd let go for 1250. I have to go check it out tomorrow and see what kind of shape it is. I didn't really want a katana but i suppose i could deal with one for 6 or 8 months before i get something else with a little more power.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought a 92 F2 for 2500 in the trader..It was already chromed out, It had one little problem, ( it just needed an oil change) but other than that its good. Im getting it painted now, i will post some pics when i get it back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts