Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let's try this again...

I want to put together rides that the club is interested in. In past conversations and posts these are some ideas:

Ride to Tecumseh and skydive
West Viginia
Deals Gap
Mid Ohio
Chicago
Toronto (Torquethrust 6/18-6/20)
Rides to trackdays (for those riders who are not riding the track)
Rides to meet up with SBW members from other states
NYC
Niagara Falls
Sportbike Rally in Perry Sound, Canada (7/9-7/11)
Coastal Michigan Tour (around the mitten)

On the local side-
Various bike nights (Ann Arbor, Flint, etc)
Vasser/Frankenmuth
Port Huron
Cedar Point
Various Festivals statewide
Traverse City
Irish Hills
Tony Paco's

More importantly are the out of town rides. If people are interested in those places, post up or PM me. We can work on what dates, then, I can put a ride plan together (planned stops, hotel rooms, etc). I know some of you (you know who you are) volunteered to head up some of the rides listed above. If still interested, please let me know.

Obviously there will be many spontaneous rides put together at the last minute, which is encouraged. I am also curious of specific places people are interested in that need advanced planning. Then we can work various angles like riding together, group discounts, and the like. Also, I will have the calendar by the next meeting. This will have set rides for those of you with children and crazy work schedules that you will have enough time to plan in advance.

Some people really have no preference as to where we ride, just as long as we are riding. I just want to know where I should focus my efforts. This is going to be a great riding year!!!!!!

Remember, our rides are open to all riders.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
bmacd said:
lookin' good Anthony! How about some events that don't require somebody to be licensed driver! ;)

-=bmacd=-
Doesn't that limit us to things within walking distance of your house?
:D

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
whoo hooo.. I will def. try to work in group rides on weekends I'm not at the track :thumb: Vassar is a for sure a few times this summer ;) and the around the thumb at least once for anyone else interested.. this time it will be less stops and a destination of a spot where we can goof off some :thumb: (on bikes ;) )

I'm going to be in Chicago area for work doing an Open House Aug 8 through 11th.... if anyone wants to get together.. I won't have my bike but I'm not too proud to ride bitch :p

my April Corning NY trip didn't work out for me to attend otherwise I'd like to have gathered with a few of those NY'rs while there....

I like your idea of meeting up with other SBW members.. it's neat that you make freinds with people whom ya never met face to face...

E.

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MrOrangePants said:
Hey, what about the big big fest in WI? I guess its only a six hour drive if you take the ferry accross Lk. Michigan.
You must be talking about Summerfest. It can be found here Link . A good time, I used to live there and would go every year.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Here's an idea. I don't know if it's still available or not. But how about enrolling everyone into the MSF advanced rider course this year. I'm not sure if granholm cut that out this year but they are talking about more budget cuts so I bet it will be gone by next year.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Bluto said:
Here's an idea. I don't know if it's still available or not. But how about enrolling everyone into the MSF advanced rider course this year. I'm not sure if granholm cut that out this year but they are talking about more budget cuts so I bet it will be gone by next year.

That's a great idea Chuck. I checked with MCCC and they still have the experienced rider course. It is $25 per person, one day class, May 1, 9am-6pm or on june 6, 9am-6pm. I cant tell from the website if there any vacancies so I have emailed them to find out. Will post up reply when I find out.

Gary

1 - 20 of 49 Posts