Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off the RC is probably my favorite bike ever thus far, but while driving home from a golf outing over the weekend I saw one of the '04 models. It's a Hayden replica with the Team Honda decal kit on it. Looks ok I guess (I'm really not into stickers/decals), but some things stuck out to me (one thing in particular really - exhaust). The bike has the "Jardine" exhaust sticker, yet the bike comes with the regular old stock cans. Kinda poser-ific IMO. I wish I could have had a closer look to see about the other stickers and whether or not the equipment advertised on the sticker was indeed actually on the bike. Since we were in traffic I didn't get a close enough look though, but other stickers I saw were "Renthal" on the swingarm, "Dunlop" on the front tire fairing, "HRC" on the sides of the bike, etc.

I wonder if any of those parts are actually on the bike, anyone know for sure? Anyone care? I'd like to hear some RC owners opinions too. Is this a poser version of the bike, or am I just being a nit-picking bastard. :dunno:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I work at a Honda dealership and recently set up a Hayden replica. I can tell you that it is a totally stock RC-51. The decal kit (which was a bitch to put on by the way) is purely there as tribute to Hayden and doesn't necessarily reflect any mods on the bike (unfortunately). The bike also has his autograph on top of the tank :) .

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
In the winter I was putting money down on the 929. Dealer asked me why not the RC-51.

Pointed out it was a bit on the heavy side, not as much crank HP & I could not see forking out thousands of dollars for kits to upgrade it for road racing.

Seems my thinking was best for the first of the RC-51 riders really moaned about terrible grips & a saddle that would make the 929 feel like a couch.

While they looked great none were getting any great performance out of them bar Honda factory/dealer racers. While those with 929s were doing better & we know come '04 Honda dropped the V-twin 1000 for the CBR1000 four.

I felt that Honda designed the 929 & natch the 954 as fast trotting hwy bikes while the RC-51 with the extra(costly) kits for basically road racing.

Just a thought on RC-51 VS their 929 or 954.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts