Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
i looked at the site. and it sayes it puts out 180 hp. justing for one of the magizines to do a dyno on it and see what it puts out at the rear wheel. and like to see how much torque it puts out to.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The article at the site said 180 BHP with th ram air so that probably puts it at 170 out the crank and 165 out the wheel. But man let me tell you that is the coolest looking bike on the planet it is stunning. gives me goose bumps just looking at it. It does look a little bigger than last years model. Ill take one.

·
Registered
177 Posts
wicked

I saw a little video special put out by Yamaha last night on SpeedTV.

WICKED.

180HP.

Supposed to be more track oriented than the 2003 model.

They are definetely looking to dethrone the GSXR as king of the heap. I hope Kawasaki has a new open classer this year too, and it will be an awsome spring for shootouts in the motorcycle mags.

This one looks good enough that I'm really considering selling the SV and trading up!!:D

Later,
Eric

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey, anybody know why everybody is going with the exhaust out the ass(first the honda 600rr now this). Do you guys like that look, I don't, just wondering what you all thought.

·
Registered
40 Posts
180 HP is just unreal! Impressive! Wonder if the new Kawi, and Honda bikes will have that kind of HP! and will Suzuki make any changes to the GSXR 1000! The manufacturers keep stepping up a notch each year.............even after we think they have topped out! Impressive

·
Registered
40 Posts
160 tp 165 hp at the wheel is impressive! Underseat Exhaust is cool but if its not built right >> it will burn the heck out of your behind!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
My guess is that the tail-mounted exhaust is for aerodynamics. It's not important for the street, but since these bikes are produced with racing in mind (Superbike and the notion "Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday"), they are as close to track-ready as the gov't will allow. I like it. It's less of a risk for clueless chick passengers to burn themselves on the exhaust!:cheers: :thumbs2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ive already decided thats the first sportbike im pickin up. right now i got my 1982 seca 170, its time for an upgrade

ya, but will it be comfortable for the chick passenger? I hope so :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sharp bike indeed! Alwaysed like the yammie's... Like the suzk's and the hondas too but seems honda looks more plasticy now and suzk's well they always looked fat to me, the r1 looks like a polished bullet...:drool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts