Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think honda will do to overhaul this bike next year. Tweek the motor a little bit, a new look. Or are they planning to give it a major overhaul, from top to bottom. Change the look, is what I'm hoping for... Anyone know when Honda will start to leak information or when we might start to hear rumors ?.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I just ready a small bit about it in -I think- Motorcyclist. They are saying it will go to 1200cc, loose a bit of weight and the front will be more aerodynamic. ~Not much really IMO, but we'll see

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I seen the same picture and little write up in the motorcycle magazine that I bought today. Two different sources, so there must be some truth to it. It looks like they've changed the looks a little bit, for the better. Have to wait and see more pictures. I think I will be going after one of these bikes next year, when they come out. Not sure about the ABS though.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
While the 1200 CC's would be sweet, I love my 2002. I'm still iffy about the Linked braking system, but seeing as how I never do burnouts or stoppies, I think I'll like it after I get used to it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just seen pictures of the 2003 XX and I like the looks of it better than the 2002. The changes cosmetically are minor but enough to get me to buy one next year. There going to 1200cc's too and that will nice as well. There are more than just the two things that they're going to change. But, those are the most important two too me. I 'v seen pictures both on the net and in a couple of magazines . All I can say is OH YA !!! 2003 CBR 1200XX, HERE I COME. I'm not knocking the ZZ-R at all, I just staying with Honda because I know more people with them and have heard nothing but good things about them and it doesn't hurt that I ride one. Two things that I keep hearing about the ZZ-R is adjusting the valves every 6000 miles and it not having FI. I'm afraid elevation around here is a major thing and changes drastically, no matter where I go to ride.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Does anybody know when the new models for the following year will be on showroom floors ? When will the dealers get there 2003 model year bikes in and the prices for the 2003 models. I know that all the new bikes are released/introduced in the fall, I was just wondering when you could order a 2003 bike. I'm looking to order and or get a 2003 CBR 1200 XX.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts