Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Looks a lot like the 2002 Fireblade (CBR954 or whatever it is in the US).

Naming it the Fireblade is a load easier than remembering what capacity it was for what year!
Why don't Honda standardise their naming of their bikes? What Honda US calls the Hawk is the NTV600 (or something like that anyway) in the UK.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I thought the NTV was the "Revere" over in Europe. The Hawk is the NT650. ( no "V" ) The Revere is like the hawk but without the cool single sided swingarm. I've never seen a Revere in the states. I sure do miss my 89 Hawk.

·
Registered
107 Posts
nick_nolastname said:
I thought the NTV was the "Revere" over in Europe. The Hawk is the NT650.
Whatever! This makes my point I suppose. The suits at Honda seem to be deliberately making things difficult.

Is the VTR1000F (not the SP1/2) called the Firestorm over there?
I know the VTR1000 SP1 is the RC51. It sometimes gets called that over here - but not officially. Same with the RC30 (respect is due) and the RC45.

Confusion reigns supreme.

·
Registered
298 Posts
dtlaine said:
Instead of speculating and going by the Euro version, just wait until 9:30 PM (central time) on 9/12, log onto...
Here's the correct URL. I didn't need to provide an ID or password. As of 8:45PM (PDT) the only new sportbike is the CBR600RR. However, there is a new 1800cc Valkyrie that should scare the bejeezus out of women and children.

·
Registered
1 Posts
nick_nolastname said:
I thought the NTV was the "Revere" over in Europe. The Hawk is the NT650. ( no "V" ) The Revere is like the hawk but without the cool single sided swingarm.
Plus, there is the Bros 650 and 400, which is really just a Hawk with an unusual name.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I dunno why they'd name a bike after a band that sucked so much. Ah well :)

I'm wondering if the model name differences are more than skin deep. For instance, the specs on the US F4i show it to be something like 95hp. The specs on the Japan FS1 (same damn thing as near as I can tell) show it to be 81kW (more like 108hp).

Perhaps the emissions laws in the US make them lower powered - or maybe they're measured differently for a different market. But could this be why the names are different?

I know that a heap of car manufacturers do the same thing with their models too...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Now if they could just incorporate a fender eliminator style and go with what the majority of the community wants, we're set. Still not sure about that centerline undertail exhaust though...

·
Registered
5 Posts
All I got to say about the cbr 600rr is that I want it!!! I sold my 95 900 rr and took a hiatus and just lurked around here for like a year! This bike is pretty much what I need...exotic looks; descent performance all at a reasonable price ( I paid 8,500 for my 900 in 95 to).
Everyone that I've talked to digs the exhaust( center up) It looks like the fender/turnsignal dealy bob ought to bolt off ( ala r6 )
The rest off the bike exudes trick stuff , nothing new mind you just all of it in one bike now. Fuel injection,Ram air( with the trick holes in 'em so it turns easier!) huge ass swing arm, gas tank under the seat, cat eye head lights, die cast frame, center under tail exhaust, direct moto gp styling tricked out digital dash, and last but not least HRC after market support!!!:eek: Honda shoulda took this approach awhile ago!!! all this stuff has been seen on other bikes but never really combined at this price or weight for that matter. Just seems to be missing the trick upside down forks; even if it doesn't need them it look cool.
The r6 is lookin pretty good too, die cast frame too, fuel injection, gatling gun headlights(?) and everything else the cbr has just minus the under tail exhast.
Now the zx6rr has all the stuf the r6 has AND Upside down forks but no undertail exhaust, The zx 6 rr is kinda ugly in the head lights I'm getting this mutant toad vibe outta it.
Suzuki? anyone got the low down? Howa about triumph? Geeze I'm babbling again:rolleyes: I really think the cbr600rr in that Yellow is Killer too ( R6 in yellow as well) but I guess that the exhaust thingy is the tie breaker.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts