Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 600RR. I have laid it over a couple of time just minor visual damgae. Can be easily repaired. I was wondering what you all thought I could get out of it. If only has about 26 miles on. Its been on the showroom floor for only 2 weeks. Just to much bike for me.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
jrdenney said:
I have a 2003 600RR. I have laid it over a couple of time just minor visual damgae. Can be easily repaired. I was wondering what you all thought I could get out of it. If only has about 26 miles on. Its been on the showroom floor for only 2 weeks. Just to much bike for me.
I knew a chick that did the same thing with a 2003 gsxr-600. She didn't know how to ride and crashed it every day for a week. But she beat hers up BAD. All plastic destroyed, gas tank smashed, pipe smashed. She took 4 grand for it and threw in the towel. It just depends on who wants it. Right now is a great time to sell though. Everyone is ready to ride, and want's a bike. Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figure that if some one was willing to pay shipping or come pick the bick up for 8000.00 and I would claim on the insurance to get it fixed it would be a done deal. If you know of anyone interested in it have them e-mail me a [email protected]

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
you have any pictures? I have a couple buddies that are bike shopping.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Actually don't you think your asking too much. You can pick up a 2004 undamaged one for 8,600 msrp, even if it does only have 26 miles on it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't have any pics. It is the all black with the silver bottom. I have taken some stickers off though. I took off the honda stickers on the bottom, the wings on the tank, and all the other warning stickers.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Used bike

I hate to break it to you, but you're really gonna lose your ass on that bike. First of all, even if the bike was in PERFECT condition, you lost $1000 in value the second you drove it off the lot. Figure another $1000 downward adjustment for the damage. I'd say, you'd do well to get $6500 for it.

Sorry it didn't work out for you. Best of luck on the sale.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Reconsider claiming the bike on your insurance... there's a CLUE database maintained by insurance companies which will tell your auto insurance company and all future entities that query the database about your claim, which may increase your rates in future years more than the small amout you are reimbursed now, especially if you have a deductible.

·
Registered
15 Posts
jrdenney said:
I figure that if some one was willing to pay shipping or come pick the bick up for 8000.00 and I would claim on the insurance to get it fixed it would be a done deal. If you know of anyone interested in it have them e-mail me a [email protected]
Think again the bike it's going
for 6500 on the floor for a new 2003 in atlanta brand new.:squid: :huh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts