Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen or rode one yet? I was all set to get a ZZR600 as my next bike when I saw the new Ducati on the web. Now I'm thinking maybe this could be the one. I'm lookin to upgrade late winter or spring. I'm now riding an EX250 and I've racked up about a thousand miles or so and I'll finish this season with it. I'd like a 600 sport touring bike and it looks like this new Ducati may just fit the bill. Anyone have any opinions on this bike or Ducati in general. Anyone have any experience with the Monster 620 as far as reliability and power goes. It looks like the same engine.

Thanks,

John
1999 EX250

·
Registered
2 Posts
Duc 620

I'm thinking about getting one of these, too. Where's the best and cheapest place to fine one? What's a good price?
TIA

·
Registered
22 Posts
most tag price is about 7200, my friend walked out cash for 6300, im sure they only have about 5200 in the bike

·
Registered
2 Posts
PilotPreston said:
most tag price is about 7200, my friend walked out cash for 6300, im sure they only have about 5200 in the bike

$6300 new? Please tell me where if you can...

If I can even get close to that I will buy with cash, too.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a silver 620 Sport back in January.
It's my first bike and I must say that it is a thrill to ride.
The exhaust note is sweet, the handling is excellent, and the styling is beautiful. I was looking at a Kawasaki Ninja 500 at first, however, once I saw and sat on the Ducati, I knew this was the one for me.
It has gotten much attention, both on the street and in the parking lots.
I paid $6900 for mine at Florida Motorsports here in Tallahassee.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finally! A board where people know what the 620 sport is! I have been looking for someone else interested in one except me. What do you think the approximate 0-60 is? 1/4 mile? Please fill me in here. Thanks guys.

BTW>.. how many miles have you guys racked up so far? How has the maintenance been? What's the schedule like?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
620 Sport performance specs

I'm pretty sure I saw a test somwhere that put the 620 Sport at 52 rear-wheel horsepower and a 13.2 second quarter mile.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I actually don't know about the 0-60 or 1/4 mile, however it does pull pretty good from a stoplight. I've got right around 1000 miles on mine as the weather has not really been conducive to riding recently. Maintenance is just like every other bike I believe. 600 mile service costs me right around $275 for everything. Next service isn't until 3K miles, I think. I did have a strange problem with mine that the dealership said they have never seen on a bike before. When mine was put together, one of the hoses was pinched in the fairing. One point while riding, the fuel pump literally sucked the gas tank down because of the vacuum created inside. All of this was covered under warranty, so I didn't shell out a thing, just about a day that I could've been riding.

·
Registered
3 Posts
$6900 was the price for the bike...that total doesn't include tax, the extended warranty, or the gear that I bought with the bike. Paid with a check (same as cash). After all was said and done, it was right around $8750.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I bought a silver 620 in july from Ducati Milwuakee. It is my first bike and i love it. I got around 1200 miles on it before i had to put it awat for the year. I paid 8200 with tax and title. The first check up (600 miles) was free. The only problem that I had was the plugs fouled out and had to be replaced.(warranty) I would recommed this bike for anyone handles great and plenty of power plus it sounds way better than the jap bikes.......:p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts