Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Is there a motorcycle magazine like Motortrend that gives that kind of information. As a matter of fact Motortrend has a specific section that gives any changes to automobiles for the next 5 or so years.

j/t:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
There is only one dealership in my area that is selling the Busa for $9999.00, all others are somewhere in the $10,800.00 range. I think that's a pretty good deal for that much machine.:cool:

·
Registered
120 Posts
The 2001 Busa also has a speedo that only goes up to 185. Check out the last issue of Sport Rider (Oct 2001) they have a article on what they did to derestrict the Busa and ZX12. At this time I have been trying to find Ivans Rockland County Motorcycle for thier TRE box. This is what was used for the derestriction of the Busa and it was to give the bike a better bottom end. I think I found them in NY at 845-362-1212. I'll have to talk to them tomorrow to see if this is the correct shop. For more info on the TRE box see Sport Rider for the article.

·
Registered
354 Posts
you guys want some real horsepower?

I found this in one of my bike mags. this place sells, and i think makes turbo kits. www.turbobike.com Kits are available this year for the Yamaha R1 (189 to 215hp), the Suzuki Hayabusa,(285 to 350 hp), the GSXR 600(145 hp) and GSXR750 (165 hp), the Honda CBR 1100xx (265 hp) and the Honda CBR 900RR (190 hp), for now!!

"285 to 350 horsepower you can get out of these kits!(the hayabusa that is) i have no idea if this is true or not but worth trying.

Totally stealth but probably the fastest street bike out there.
also the fastest I ever rode, did i said it was fast??

Just to give you an idea, on the dyno it showed 213hp at 7000rpm,
at 7900 it was at 283hp, we didn't pushed it because the motor on that
bike was still on the first miles of it's existence!"

:drool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts