Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
$14,500 for a 2002 998?!?!?!

Are the serial numbers scratched off as an upgrade too?

Why would you sell a $19,000 bike for $14,500? did it fall off the delivery truck?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why? Why you ask?

Because that is the price it will most likely sell for. Even though it is such a good deal, nobody has bought it yet.

It is in perfect condition. Never dropped. Not a drop of rain has contaminated its natural beauty and finesse.

Now if this is such a good deal, maybe you should buy it?

Besides, look in my garage. I have no shortage of motorcycles.

Joe

·
Registered
127 Posts
I know I'm a jerk. So this will come as no surprise. You are either lying or stupid. No one in there right mind takes a $5,000 loss on a bike that easily sells at retail. The demand on new 998's is out there. There has to be more to the story than just trying to sell it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To be succint, nobody knows you like you know yourself and thus the euphemism is true, "familiarity breeds contempt."

For it is apparent that your familiarization with your own self has created a vile revulsion not only towards yourself, but towards others.

Your self-contempt is so obvious and so virulent it poisons the well we all drink from - the well of optimism and believing in the best of other human beings - something you are loathe to do.

I am not stupid nor am I lying.

The bike is perfect. Very perfect. And I am generous to a fault, except on this particular occasion, where my vitriol and unmitigated invective will be heaped upon you in abundance.

If you can separate yourself from your penury - your sense of scarcity - your wretched worldview - you would discover that not only this motorcycle is a gem waiting to be snatched from the hands of someone who only wishes well to the person who buys it, but you may discover the world is really a world of abundance where generosity abounds like wildflowers down a country lane.

Until then you shall remained shackled to your cubicle - thinking that you deserve nothing and the world is a place not to be trusted.

Joe

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nicely put.

However you have pinned me for the wrong man. Shackled I am not, a realist I am. You were very poetic, but very ignorant. Try this on for size: A fool and his money ...... you know the rest Shakespeare.

Why would you purchase a motorcycle only to sell it after 1,000 miles?

Go buy a Harley and trailer it everywhere.

If you wanted a red one, you could paint it for $4,000. If you can't be true to yourself, you won't be true to anyone else.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
desmo said:
The demand on new 998's is out there.
Maybe it's "out there", it sure ain't "out here".
Methinks Desmo is just a little peeved at the plummeting value of his own overpriced, underpowered posermobile and is lashing out at anyone who would question the value of his marque.
Joe- Sorry to butt in on your sale. You may wish to put it in the "classifieds" section.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Methinks Desmo is just a little peeved at the plummeting value of his own overpriced, underpowered posermobile and is lashing out at anyone who would question the value of his marque.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay. My question is this: Why on Earth would anyone sell a bike after using it so little? It's a bit foolish. Oh and I could care less what kind of bike it is. I'd be saying the same thing over your super-powered SV:twofinger

·
Registered
163 Posts
desmo said:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay. My question is this: Why on Earth would anyone sell a bike after using it so little? It's a bit foolish. Oh and I could care less what kind of bike it is. I'd be saying the same thing over your super-powered SV:twofinger
He might just have enough money not to care about the fact he had the bike for such little time. He wants a red one, then get rid of the yellow.;) For some, $4,000.00 isn't all that much money!

·
Registered
163 Posts
By the way, Joe, Sweet bike:cool: . Nice pics.
If I had $14,500.00 , I might just have given you a call ( and overlooked the fact it is not red).;) . But I am right in the middle of some more pressing financial obligations. Good luck selling it!
(I'm sure you won't have any problems):)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why would I purchase a motorcyle only to sell it after 1,000 miles?

Answer: Because I can.

Buy a Harley?

Listen Alice, I am 48 years-old and can stuff you on any track.

Can't be true to myself?

You don't know me.

<yawn>

Tristan - you are so right. The Monster is a wanna-be bike - suitable for Italian interior decorators and effeminate poets.

Real men ride real-men bikes. Real men can afford fairings.

Joe

www.santilli.net

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Desmo plunders his parlance and tortures his syntax

Desmo - properly paraphrased, "I couldn't care less."

You really do need to brush up on your elocution old boy before you step into the deep water.

SBNINJA - thanks for the compliment on the bikes.

Joe

·
Registered
379 Posts
joesantilli said:
Oh yeah, maybe I want a red one and can afford the $4000 loss.
Being the good Sherlock Holmes that I am.....perhaps the $$ loss on the bike isn't a big deal to him. Obviously, somone who can afford it to begin with, as WELL as having a Mercedes parked in the garage (see website link "joes bikes") can certainly afford to lose a litte money and not be killed by it.

shit, I wish I had the $$$$ I'd buy it!!!!

PS...nice reply Joe...nice to read replies that have real words. A very tactful way of saying "don't be an asshole'. :D

To my compadres.......adios.

·
Registered
379 Posts
sorry Desmo......I replied to Joe before reading your reply.

You now have my Vote! :D

Nice reply. Especially the arugment of painting the bike for $4000 if he wanted a red one.

Your intellect surprises and humbles me. How I dream of such wisdom....;)

·
Registered
255 Posts
People that can afford to lose 4 grand are not the type of people that will throw away 4 grand..... The most wealthy poeple I know are also the cheapest people I know...just a thought

But on the bike topic, anybody that buys a brand new bike is throwing away money since low mile used ones are easily available for a decent price.Much like this 2002 Duc.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Paint it?

The reasons why not to paint the bike are numerous.

Did you ever try to sell a high-end motorcycle that doesn't have a factory paint job?

The buyer always suspects it was wrecked. Right Desmo?

Plus is NEVER looks right.

Moreover, did you ever deal with painters? They are like teenage boys making promises of eternal love to their lady friends. How many times have I heard, "Oh, it will look just like a factory paint job." Then I pick up the bike and it looks like some mongoloid with a wisk broom and a can of latex attacked the bike.

Finally, my time has a certain value. $4,000 is relative to the value of my time.

Besides, this is all much ado about nothing. Even at the remarkable price of $14,500, nobody has bought it.

It is becoming clear that $14,500 is either too high a price, or the yellow is as big of a turn-off for others as it is for me.

Desmo - see you at the track.

Joe

www.santilli.net

·
Registered
580 Posts
How the heck did a sale offer on a bike turn into THIS? Joe Im still thumbing through the dictionary, please stop typing until I catch up. Nice car by the way, my wife has the same one in gold but a bit older.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts