Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a shop that is trying to get ride of last years bike's they have a 750 half flarred for 5700 ?? good deal or not ?? i dont like the half flarring can i get the full or not ?? if so where ??

·
Registered
455 Posts
its a good price but if you don't mind going used you can get a 99-00 750- 900ss for just a little more. Personally Id rather have a slightly used one with two brakes in the front.

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
IMO I would spend a little more to get a little more. I have a '99 900SSFF and I love it. When you enter into the world of Ducati, prepare yourself for a "different" riding experience. Would this be your first Duc?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes this would also be my first bike.......

·
Registered
148 Posts
PilotPreston said:
yes this would also be my first bike.......
Much as I love Ducatis and in particular the Supersport/Sport line... I'd never recommend one as a first bike. If you haven't ridden before, I suggest a smaller bike 400-500cc and a 'Standard' style. New riders generally drop their bike during the learning process, so I'd also suggest getting a 'used' one to start - that way it won't traumatize you so much when you ding the tank and scratch up the paintwork.. :crying:

You want lightness and maneouverability for your first bike - Ducatis excel at speed in turns under the control of more advanced riders.

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
BamBam said:
Much as I love Ducatis and in particular the Supersport/Sport line... I'd never recommend one as a first bike. If you haven't ridden before, I suggest a smaller bike 400-500cc and a 'Standard' style. New riders generally drop their bike during the learning process, so I'd also suggest getting a 'used' one to start - that way it won't traumatize you so much when you ding the tank and scratch up the paintwork.. :crying:

You want lightness and maneouverability for your first bike - Ducatis excel at speed in turns under the control of more advanced riders.
Yeah, what he said. I too would not recommend a Ducati as a first bike. This is something you do not want to drop. Everything Ducati is expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts