Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site....I had a Katana 600 nice bike but looking to move up. I heard good things about the
2001 ZX7R more rider freindly and not a spazzy as the GSXR 750. Is this true? If so do you think this is a good buy? are there any pics of the yellow and black....ZX7R.

thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
marc92470 said:
New to the site....I had a Katana 600 nice bike but looking to move up. I heard good things about the
2001 ZX7R more rider freindly and not a spazzy as the GSXR 750. Is this true? If so do you think this is a good buy? are there any pics of the yellow and black....ZX7R.

thanks
The ZX7R design is about 5 years old. It's due for a total redesign or termination of production. Resale value as a result will be somewhat less than desireable compared to similar rides.

That said, even though the ZX9 is a lot more powerful, and nearly 100lbs lighter, the ZX7 definitely is a SOLID design (why it has survived this long)... bugs are worked out. Very distinctive front end to boot.

If you are a GOOD rider, I'd say ZX9R (no bias here, heh heh). If you want to get sportier, but want to get old enough to have grey hair, I'd say ZX6R.

Good luck with whatever new ride you select!

·
Registered
546 Posts
The 2001 zx7r is not a bike you would want to buy.You can get a used one and get the same exact bike.If you want a new bike the zx-6r will be a good choice for you,unless your a proven rider then the awsome zx-9r will be the bike that gets you some thrills :D

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
If anyone gets a '01 ZX-7R, could we borrow it for a couple of days. We are testing a 14 ton crane and need something heavy enough to put some strain on it. The Hayabusa guys won't let us use one of theirs. :D:p

Seriously, I agree with Chris B. Go for a used one. Will be a much better purchase. They are very solid and capable bikes. :cool:

·
Registered
288 Posts
RCjohn said:
If anyone gets a '01 ZX-7R, could we borrow it for a couple of days. We are testing a 14 ton crane and need something heavy enough to put some strain on it.
So inconsiderate of my feelings....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts