Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its ordered! I should be riding again around Turkey Day!!

Cash Baby, All Cash!

------------------
Fear Oil.

·
Registered
741 Posts
COOOOOOOOOOL This will no doubt be the longest month and a half ever! Congrats! What color??

------------------
Joe
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 4,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium slip on, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT
www.joe4speed.com

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JL1314:
"...What color??"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm.. Well.. Im not changing my SBW Nickname!

:D :D :D

------------------
Fear Oil.

[This message has been edited by GreenNinja (edited October 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
741 Posts
:D :D duh! :rolleyes: I should've guessed! well, I'm happy for ya man! congrats!

------------------
Joe
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 4,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium slip on, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT
www.joe4speed.com

S

·
0 Posts
600r, zx6,zx6R...

I see a definite pattern here ! :)

Next bike zx7 :D

------------------
Evil doers beware !

Adam

·
Registered
177 Posts
I know all us Kawasaki heads are supposed to love the green machines, but I've just really taken a shine to this new yellow paint they're putting on the 2001 ZX6R.

I'm kinda looking for a '96 or '97 ZX7R, but this pic has me wondering???

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mckaw/mcphotos/01models07.html

What do you guys think, older 750 or newer 600? Which is better for longer rides (comfort, rideablity)?

Later,
Eric

------------------

[Edited by Hawkman on 10-26-2000 at 04:30 AM]

·
Registered
32 Posts
WhooooHoooooooo! Congrats! You will not be disapointed believe me! I love my bike more and more everyday! Especially since I put the LeoVinci System on it . Man does it make some power! Stock was fast but whooa the exhaust made one hell of an improvement. Not to mention mine was the ugly firecracker red now it is custom! Blue and NO oNE has one lke it YES!! But the green is sweet too!! I heard it was going to possibly look like racce bike color scheme???? any truth to that or is it identical to last years? Also I saw the yellow one last week at my local dealer UGLY!!!!! very ugly. Yellow and purple graphics [email protected] anyhow Congrats again!

------------------
Keep the rubberside down and lean it like you mean it!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey now.. a like my Red 6R & that yellow one

Hey I gotta stick up for the Red Ninja's out here.. I chose my 6R red over the greens.. I like straight colored bikes and that red just shines. :) I took off all the stickers on mine with a red seat cowl. Straight RED!!! That yellow one is pretty nice also for 2001. Any other colors for 2001? Did they change anything for the 2001 models..? Add fuel injection like the rest of the 600 2001 class?

Y2k RED ZX-6R
97' RED BMW Mtech328i

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ho hum..

Well, i dont like red, but ill give you credit for daring to be different on a Kawi.

As for the 2001 '6R's they are, as far as i know, the same machine. Same color options, except theyve added a Blue one and a Yellow Paint scheme.

My Ins. company has just today settled with me ($4250.00) and i have a few thousand $ additional coming in from other things, so its looking like late November and ill be riding again!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I tried posting a picture of the new yellow 2001 ZX6R, but it didn't work like I thought it would. I edited it to just be a link.

How do I post pictures? I had the internet address of a pic on Motorcycle Online, I thought I could put that adddress inside "
" and it would show the picture. Does the picture have to be on Sportbikeworld before it can be displayed in a message?

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is it Turkey day yet?

I'd be dying waiting until Thanksgiving for the new bike. Any chance it will come in early? I was able to get my red 2000 ZX-6R in a couple days. (Yes, I know it's red, but I like the clean look) Great, great bike. Enjoy it. Send photos!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BIKE STATUS REPORT

I went down to the dealer last Saturday to check up on things. They had (1) Green 2000 ZX6R on the floor, it was just put out a day before, it had had fire damage (melted plastics, so they had waited until they could replace everything before assembling. (i didnt want it) but it was green and should be the same colors as mine.

As far as mine? Well, they have only had one 2001 ZX6R so far and it sold in 3 days. It was Blue. (i didnt want blue) Mine will be the first Green 2001 they sell, and it has not arrived from the factory yet.

Probably in the next week or 2. I'll have all but $500.00 in a week. So its not too far off!

Who will get there first? The bike or my wallet? Its anyone's guess.

;)

[Edited by GreenNinja on 11-07-2000 at 07:00 AM]

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Re: Hey now.. a like my Red 6R & that yellow one

RedNinja6R said:
Did they change anything for the 2001 models..? Add fuel injection like the rest of the 600 2001 class?
Bro, there's a correction needed here. The Yamaha is NOT Fuel Injected. Still good ole' carbs. As for the Kaw, it also has absolutely nothing changed say for the colors available. Engine and every other thing on the bike is identical to Y2K.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts