Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a left over 2001 SVS for $5995 OTD. Is this a good deal? I don't consider it a great deal, but It is doable finacially for me. I wanted a used bike, but could never find one that someone wanted to sell for less than $5000. I figure there may be some fudging of the numbers left to do, but I wanted a opinion from you guys. So what about $5995 OTD?

·
Registered
256 Posts
A lot depends on how hot your local bike market is, what your sales tax rate is, and what your license and fee rates are. With a couple of assumptions that may be way off, $5995 minus $300 for license and fees leaves $5695. An 8% sales tax rate means that the bike is *about* $5273 (assuming NO handling and set-up charges). 2001 MSRP was $6199 so you are getting about a $900 discount. My guess is that it's not a bad price since these bikes sell well in most markets and don't have huge mark-ups (also assuming you get full warranty). If that is the dealer's initial offer and my assumptions on tax, license, and fees are close, there may be a few hundred $ to bargain, but not a bunch more.

BTW, it's a great bike for the $.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts