Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the scoop! [drum roll] :)

i just spoke with Yamaha's District Manager for East Coast operations about next years R1. he just got back from Yamahas convention in Vegas. he said he was not allowed to say anything to anyone before the press release in sept (i.e.when the dealers find out)

however i still tried to pry something out of him and the bottom line according to him is that there are NO major changes to the bike. he said that there were changes but nothing major to the likes of Fuel Injection and/or Ram Air.

furthermore he said that if i was sure that i wanted the R1 i might as well get one now since the changes were pretty insignificant.

so thats the update so far on the 2001 R1. hopefully this guy is not saying all this so that sales for this year dont drop off. but then mostly all R1's are already sold out this year so there is a part of me willing to believe him.

anyone else with any new info?

----------
arif

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
That sux, I want more HP damn it! Guess I
gotta do it myself then.. bastards. Oh well,
I'll probably need a rebuild by winter anyway. :)

Chris

------------------
"If you spent more time worrying about you I wouldn't have to."

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chris,
i am sure that the new R1's will have slightly more power and more weight reductions.
if you recall yamaha claimed to have done major changes to the 2000 model over the 1999 with over 150 changes. but that only amounted to 5lbs of weight shaved off and other things that were barely apparent from the looks.
we'll just have to wait and see what these 'changes' amount to.

--------
arif

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chris_y2k_r1:
That sux, I want more HP damn it! Guess I
gotta do it myself then.. bastards. Oh well,
I'll probably need a rebuild by winter anyway. :)

Chris

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

More HP... get a ZX-9R. :rolleyes: :D :p

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RCjohn:
More HP... get a ZX-9R. :rolleyes: :D :p

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and less power, rc51 :p just kidding john.

i know a guy who can hook you up with a turbo (for a price).

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts