Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres a 2001 Ninja 250 at my local dealer for $1900. 5900 miles.

Sound like a good deal?

It has been lightly dropped, as one of the side fairings is cracked around the mirror.

Frankely, im sick of looking for a 500 or 600cc bike. There are none around here, or all are like 5000 dollars for a 8 to 12 year old bike. What is up with that? cmon

I am a new rider, with experience with dirt bikes, but I am still being safe here. At least as safe as you can be. (Thinking about a 250 shows that doesnt it? lol)

Its just before the season ends, where I can get the bikes the cheapest, or hopefully talk this guy down a bit.

Sound like a good price or should I wait to find another bike?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Hey, I had a FZR600, trust me, you don't need a FZR600. hehe.

Frankly, I would wait for another one. If you live in an area where you have to store your bike for winter, you might as well wait anyway until you get a good deal on something. Come spring time, prices are high but more bikes on sale to choose from, but in between, there are still some good deals out there.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Durring the winter, prices will come down, all depends who has what, and how bad they wanna sell it...try a private party if possible, you'll get a better price, and usually a better bike..

I'd recomend nixing the 600 for a first bike..the 250 you discrible sounds a tad high...also check into a GS 500, EX 500...:D

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a GS500 at the local shop but its out of my price range.

and no other 500's

thats pretty much if for around here

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
oreo321321 said:
There is a GS500 at the local shop but its out of my price range.

and no other 500's

thats pretty much if for around here
This is kind of a Long shot....but worth a try imho...it's a racers site, but they have street bike for sale sometimes...and they are in your area...sort of..:D you have to register to post on there...

http://forums.13x.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=48

Just so ya know ..it's the WERA BBS...west east racing assoc.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I'd suggest keep looking. You can find a nice F2 or F3 for $2-4k.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
oreo321321 said:
Theres a 1998 500r ninja for 2100.

should I do that?
That has to be from a dealer......right..?? too much for a 98...should be around 1400.00

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
omfg god guys.

my dad's friend it looking to buy an R1. First selling his 2000 R6 with 22,000 miles on it.

here's the deal.

ITS 1200 DOLLARS

I choked on my own spit when i father told me the price.

If i can get on this deal, its soooooooo mine. Then ill probably try to ride it, and it i think its too much to start on, ill sell it and buy a new 250 or 500 without losing money at all. :D :D :D

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
oreo321321 said:
...Then ill probably try to ride it...

...and if i think its too much to start on...

...i'll sell it and buy a new 250 or 500...
You shouldn't.

It is.

You should. :D

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Lotta mileage on that R6 (from buyer's POV, not that anything is wrong with the engine). Once you go 600, whether you can ride it or not, you're probably not going back to 250/500 to learn. Good deals will come later too no less. You can have the bike if you want it bad, but then get a 250 as well. LOT of power on that R6 to learn on, not a newb bike, it head shakes on hard acceleration.

I mean get this, this guy had connection with dealers, possibly friend of his owned it, so he bought a 05 ZX-636 fot $4k or whatever the dealer cost is. Brand new, zero miles.

I bought a '99 F4 (CBR600) with 7k mileage, good condition and running order for $1900. Yet I saw lot of other guys pay twice that for F2 or F3s. I had the SV for about a year previously, and FZR before that. I wasn't looking for the F4 or any other 600, but the offer sorta landed on my lap.

So don't give into every temptations just yet, hehe.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, its probably going to be too much for me. im 90% sure. Its even got some kind of nitrous system in it.

But hey, I cant pass up this business opportunity. Buy for 1200 and sell for around 4,000? for that, I could go buy a nice ninja 500 or 250 right away.

My dad would have said "ILL TAKE IT" last night, but he wanted to make sure it was worth it, cause he knows that I can find all the average selling points. Im sad he didnt. I hope this guy still has it from yesterday at THAT PRICE.

lol

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the guy sold it the day after i found out about it. some kid who came on the bus with 1500 cash on him took it friday. lol

but his friend wants to get rid of a 2002 to 2004 CBR600 for who knows what price. But im so hesitant on the newer 600's cause I dont want too much power right away. If he wants to sell his bike for a low price like his friend did with the R6, then Ill attempt to ride it a couple times, and if its just too much, i can still sell it for more and pick up a nice ninja 500 or somthing. Thats problaly my best bet. But i just cant passup a good deal again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts