Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals, I was wandering what yall thought of the new 01 Honda CBR600 F4i.

P

·
0 Posts
Similar to what Dave said, I think some folks are disappointed that the F4i is not more of a race-replica, while others are disappointed that it is more of a race-replica than the previous F4. Nonetheless, I think it is an awesome 600. The higher pipe and the split seat add to the "drool factor," the tail trunk adds to it's all-around capabilities, the performance is more than acceptable for the street, and being the first of the big four to bring FI to the 600 class is sure to make the F4i a hot seller for Honda.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Actually, Suzuki's 2001 is FI also, so, they both tied for it.

I have seen one on the street and at the local bike shop, it's beautiful. I think it is the best looking 600 now. The R6 is kinda tired to me, and the Suzuki looks like the 750 and 1000 which bothers me.

The power and handling appear to be right there at the top, but in exchange for 2/10ths of a second around a minute and a half track, you get a confidence inspiring, comfortable but not cushy, most likely dependable bike.

I think it's bar none the best 600 out now, but the others are great too. People say it all the time, but the 600s really are all great bikes, so much competition. Go for looks mainly I would say, and riding position comfort for you.

P

·
0 Posts
Swamp, I posted this link over in the "New Members" forum in your thread, but figured it might be good to post it here, too. This place has some of the best prices on new Hondas and Yamahas, and they are in Mississippi. Might do you some good to check them out... http://www.hondadiscountprices.com/

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have had my F4i for about a month and I love it! I way out preforms the R6 and is still comfortable enough for long rides. Most importantly it looks so trick! :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well, as you can probably tell from my user name, I'm definitely a CBR fan! Especially the
F4i. I think that it by far the best mix of "track capability" and "user friendliness" among
the big four (or five, if you count the Triumph TT600). I have read in a couple of sport bike
mags that it DOES wheelie reeeeeally easy. I've followed the F4i several months before it
was released here in the States, and kept up with things throuh the British press (the
bike was released there first). Not only has it been (and still should be) the most comfortable
of the competition, but this year the styling totally won me over!!! (the zx-6r was my pick for style
in last years models) New paint, dual cats-eye headlights, more power, digital instruments, fuel injection,
stepped seat, black frame,and the CBR929RR's three spoke wheels.....WOW, at ONLY 300$ more, it seems
like a bargain. I think that not only is this the best all-arounder in the 600 market, it will also give the R6
and GSX-R600 a run for the money when it comes to track performance. This bike is THE bike to beat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts